Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could Hinton, Edson do to attract tourists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spudly View Post
    I had a friend whose family had a 99-year lease on a cabin on the lake. I thought all the cabins were leased like that. When did those lots become sellable?
    I knew someone with cabin there here too. Beautiful place. Their taxes (lease) was something like $99/yr then it jumped to near $7000 back in the 80s I believe. As far as I know all the cabin land is still lease land.

Comment

Agreed Cadomin has better potential, but more like the Kanaskis (off the main highway) than the Canmore.

If we want a park gateway community on the Yellowhead, it pretty much has to be Hinton, but clearly obvious why it's hamstrung.
      Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

I had a friend whose family had a 99-year lease on a cabin on the lake. I thought all the cabins were leased like that. When did those lots become sellable?
        They're not selling the lot/property. They're transferring the lease and selling the structure on the property, I would imagine. No one can own land within a National Park, as far as I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
          They're not selling the lot/property. They're transferring the lease and selling the structure on the property, I would imagine. No one can own land within a National Park, as far as I understand it.
          Inholdings. I'm not sure about national parks but I'm near certain that they still exist in some provincial parks.

Comment

Hinton has a nice public library. Good collection and programming. The neighbouring rec center appeared well appointed.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs View Post
              Hinton has a nice public library. Good collection and programming. The neighbouring rec center appeared well appointed.
              Well, get the kids and pack up the car! We're going to... one of the amazing libraries and rec centres here and still not giving a crap about Hinton as the tourist destination it will never be.
              "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

I know! Ridge or wave soaring in sail planes.

Comment

Do Hinton and Edson want to attract tourists?

Comment

*Holiday Road flashback*
                    Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

Jasper has the ski hill, Marmot Basin.

What Olympic winter sport could a facility be set up to host event and general public for experiences in Hinton or Edson? Bob sled? Biathlone? Quad/Snowmobile races?

Comment

Hinton's Slogan:
                        We are not Whistler.
                        Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

^ That's a good thing, but unfortunately they aren't Squamish or Pemberton either.

Comment

Likely some sort of outdoor related micro-tourism - hunting, fishing, white water rafting, X-country skiing. Spelunking (yes, you heard that right) at Cadomin. (used to be a fantastic bed and breakfast there with a second floor hot-tub)
                            ... gobsmacked

Comment

Working...
                            X