Edmonton Tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton Tourism

Something is bothering me and I'm not sure where to vent.

I was talking to a guy in the hospitality industry. He put a call into Edmonton Tourism for some help on an event.
    Edmonton Tourism hasn't returned the call.
    ​​​​​​​
    8% unemployment and the economic development people don't return calls to job creators.

What the hell is going on over there under the pyramid anyway?

I think you might need to provide some more information here. For starters, what was the call about? And how long ago did he make it?

I'd imagine an expected-response time can vary according to what issue was being enquired about. And it makes a difference whether he's been waiting one month, for example, or one day.

That said, I've had dealings with bureaucracies where they've kept me in the dark for weeks about even the most basic aspect of my request(like, for example, are they even dicussing it), and this was on issues where contracts had been signed and many people were waiting the results of their decision. So I do understand the frustration.

Comment

^^Tourism is not under the pyramids of city hall. They're in the world trade centre and unfortunately they closed the Visitor information centre 2 years ago to focus on social media
      My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

Geez... one call and didn't get a call back and now it's time to whine about Da Gubmint!
        I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Whatever the situation is, it is frustrating when organizations are not responsive, even more so when it is our tax dollars funding it.

It used to be years ago, you could call, speak to someone and usually get your problem resolved or question answered in a 10 to 15 minute phone call, but that seems to have gone away with the landline. We seem to live in an era where many large organizations have little regard for those they serve and either don't care or give the impression they don't care. It would even be better to get some reply back saying, they will get back to you in 2 to 3 days or some time frame, then at least you have some idea of the time frame.

If you think the service issue warrants further attention, I would suggest to call your city councillor, or if you don't think your concillor will be helpful, call another councillor you think might be more helpful, so they can be aware of potential service problems and hopefully try fix them.

Comment

Working...
          X