Mayfair Village| Residential (2 towers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
    Funding or grants from gov't? Interesting... any other details?
    No idea. The place is being built as affordable housing. How government is tied in, again I have no idea.

Comment

• Ahhh, right... forgot about that. Makes sense then.
      Last edited by Moderator1; 26-08-2009, 03:31 PM. Reason: removing unneeded quoting

Comment

• dare to dream arnold... dare to dream!
        Last edited by Moderator1; 26-08-2009, 03:31 PM. Reason: removing unneeded quoting

Comment

• WTF are you talking about?
          Last edited by Moderator1; 26-08-2009, 03:30 PM. Reason: removing unneeded quoting

Comment

• WTF makes sense to you?
            Last edited by Moderator1; 26-08-2009, 03:30 PM. Reason: removing unneeded quoting

Comment

• Why do I want to drink Kokanee and sit in a hot tub full of hot women before I critique this building?
              President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

• If the right finishing materials and details are placed on this building it could look very nice.

It reminds me of a lot of Chicago.
                "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

• Originally posted by raz0469 View Post
                  Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                  Funding or grants from gov't? Interesting... any other details?
                  No idea. The place is being built as affordable housing. How government is tied in, again I have no idea.
                  What does "affordable" mean? Is this aimed at people earning say 70k type affordable, or is it aimed at homeless people in the quarters?

It looks a bit like a sort of stretched Century. I don't think it is horrible, the way it masses over the street is sort of interesting (different from the "slim" tower look, which isn't a bad thing in itself).
                  Last edited by moahunter; 26-08-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Not homeless... we're talking about entry level professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                      Not homeless... we're talking about entry level professionals.
                      That makes sense to me. Homeless typically go to shelters. I could see the type of rents going out towards lower income individuals, students, entry level professionals. This will be a welcome thing considering that tons of apartments throughout the city were bought up and turned into condo's which left a big need for apartments.
                      LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• One thing I do like about it is the absence of balcony's. Double swing out windows would give it a very European look, and would age nicely. Procura doesn't build crap, but I fear another Venetian on the best available corner in town.
                        "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

• i think the intersection looks too big. the massing will probably be worse if properly drawn. and no streetlights either.

with classy windows, brick and stone, and an improved podium, it might not be so bad. but i don't think that's what we're getting.

Comment

• it kind of reminds me of the grant mac residence...

Comment

• The intersection looks right to me. At the very least, it appears to be a 6 lane by 5 lane intersection and that's exactly right for Jasper & 109th. The crosswalks and buses don't look anything like Edmonton crosswalks and buses, but that's detail not proportion.
                              Blog: http://www.stormbrew.ca/ | Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stormbrew

Comment

• Why does everything in Edmonton have to red and beige stucco... you'd think they'd try other colours!

Comment

Working...
                                X