Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symphony Tower| Residential | 27 stories |Complete

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'm hoping those giant beige surfaces get reworked.

Comment

^ I'm sure they will. I suspect this one will turn out nicer than anyone may think. Glass never looks that blue in real life too

Too bad this wasn't being built right in front of Peregrine Point.

Comment

too bad this shows how desperately lacking our skyline is of glass and good modern architecture.

...looking at you river vista...

Comment

When was this one proposed and who's doing it?

Comment

That one I really like. This rendering does make the skyline look quite drab. One building at a time though.

Comment

Originally posted by amanzano

right now...allan wasnea, he is a mechanical engineer in the building beside this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LindseyT
                I'm hoping those giant beige surfaces get reworked.
                Are you talking about the beige surfaces on the proposed tower? Or all the other cement buildings in the background? LOL, this one could be a fantastic addition. Let's wait and see some more detailed renderings.

Comment

How does a developer accomplish building/parkade access given the rather busy 105 & 106 streets (?) running parallel?

Comment

I love the glass on this building!
                    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO

right now...allan wasnea, he is a mechanical engineer in the building beside this one.
                      from Wasnea Mah Engineering?

Comment

Does this person have any significant, prior development experience? I get a cold chill down my spine that a market is out of control when completely inexperienced people all of a sudden think that they can pull off something like this.

Someone help allay my concerns here! One does not become a developer ex nihilo.
                        [email protected][email protected]: the 5th Horseman of the Apocalypse

Comment

Originally posted by murman

Does this person have any significant, prior development experience? I get a cold chill down my spine that a market is out of control when completely inexperienced people all of a sudden think that they can pull off something like this.

Does it help if I point out that these inexperienced developers are potentially offering better product than these existing "developers" you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by murman

one does not become a developer "from nothing" any more than one gains credibility through anonymous criticism from afar.

allan has long been associated with the development industry and has lived and worked and invested in edmonton for decades.

as to getting a cold chill down your spine, try acquiring a site and completing a design and getting approval with your own personal cash and reputation on the line - that's spine chilling.
                            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Yea from what little I know of Wasnea he is no rookie.

His engineering firm does some good work.

Comment

Working...
                              X