Century Park | Residential Development (multi-building) | Under Constuction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century Park | Residential Development (multi-building) | Under Constuction

Thank you for your interest in Century Park Club & Residences, a spectacular resort-style property in Edmonton, Alberta, by Canada's premier luxury residential design team.

You'll be moved by Century Park Club & Residences. Ownership offers a unique array of year-round resort-style amenities. The terraced, solid-concrete homes are beautifully appointed, with natural marble, granite, wood finishing and contemporary, Collezioni kitchens. Every detail at Century Park is designed for people who enjoy the finer things in life - elegant architecture and interiors, lush gardens and grounds, and a carefree, vibrant lifestyle.

Visit the Century Club and enjoy your exclusive pool and whirlpool, lake for rowing or skating, virtual golf, fitness centre and club lounge. You can conveniently book a massage or make personal appointments with your in-house CenturyNetT. Everything you desire from jogging paths to village shops, restaurants and caf és, plus rapid transportation to downtown, just steps from your door.

You'll be invited to preview Century Park Club & Residences before the official public opening. In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our website and stay tuned for further email updates. We've had an amazing response so far, and previews for Phase One will begin September 2006.

Get in early to secure the signature first-phase address: One Century Park Club & Residences. For more information on this amazing community, please call 780-410-1738 or visit us via the web at centurypark.ca.

This is an investment you don't want to miss!

Thank you,

Bob Rennie

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I am watching this development with baited breath. I really like the potential to have a signature highrise community visible from our southern entrance. What a way to dispel this pimple on the prairie moniker...
    President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

I wish I was still working on this project, I would have some inside info on it.

Comment

I wish it was closer to downtown, say that space between the river, 97 Ave and Leg grounds. the only positive of it being where it is is the LRT extension. But that's just me.

Comment

This project will blow the doors off of the Edmonton market.

Can't wait for this bad boy.

Comment

Originally posted by grish
            I wish it was closer to downtown, say that space between the river, 97 Ave and Leg grounds. the only positive of it being where it is is the LRT extension. But that's just me.
            too dense for that area IMO....but i would love to see a replica in the north edge, east jasper, and warehouse areas.

Richard S - it will be our Burnaby

Comment

Originally posted by IanO
              Originally posted by grish
              too dense for that area IMO....but i would love to see a replica in the north edge, east jasper, and warehouse areas.

Richard S - it will be our Burnaby
              Replica. A very scarry word. The market, demopgraphics and urban structure of south Edmonton and Century park are quite different than what exists in the East Village and North Edge.

Century park is a more insular project than should occur in downtown. Although I do want to see architecture of simmilar quality to Century park downtown; I think the urban design should be approached in a different manner.

Downtown requires an urban design approach that recognises the public nature of the area. Urban areas come with a more unpredictable development pattern and new developments need to reflect that dynamisim. Century park can get away with more things like lakes and highly designed ammenity features as it is a large site that is essentialy isolated form the surrounding urban fabric.

(Yes I know they have paths and trails and connections; however the overiding attitude is inward looking. The marketing refering to a "resort" spells it out).

Comment

^oh...i should have elaborated....but yes i agree

Comment

Century Park will have problems if it continues to focus inwards on itself. It needs to interact more with the existing roads, and neighbourhoods that surround it. It was painfull walking around the whole project, expecially in the south end where retail has already been built. This is why I turned down the idea of living near Century Park.
                  Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasH
                    Century Park will have problems if it continues to focus inwards on itself. It needs to interact more with the existing roads, and neighbourhoods that surround it. It was painfull walking around the whole project, expecially in the south end where retail has already been built. This is why I turned down the idea of living near Century Park.

when completed i think we will see some more interaction but i dont mind it facing inward for the parts people will see on the exterior will be nice looking.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO
                      Originally posted by ThomasH

when completed i think we will see some more interaction but i dont mind it facing inward for the parts people will see on the exterior will be nice looking.
                      I think the design of Century park is appropriate for the area. To place a very high density project into an existing suburban area is a difficult task; and I think it has been sucessfully done. As for the inwardness, it is an appropriate responce to the very real marketing situation of getting suburbanites into high rise/ high density living.

I do not feel that form of design can or should be transplanted into an existing high density urban area.

For Edmonton's urban areas, it might be more appropriate to look at the Yaletown/Arbutus type design in Vancouver rather than the False Creek/Coal Harbour type design.

Comment

"For Edmonton's urban areas, it might be more appropriate to look at the Yaletown/Arbutus type design in Vancouver rather than the False Creek/Coal Harbour type design. "

hell...if we even get close to any of those designs we are far far better off than we are today.

Comment

^I do admire what goes on in Vancouver. I find Edmonton seems to be looking to the "Vancouver model" a lot lately.

We should be careful to pull appropriate design elements/ideas from Vancouver but we should not expect to transplant Vancouver's accomplishments to Edmonton.

I truly believe in a contextual responce to design.

Comment

Originally posted by BDavidson
                            ^I do admire what goes on in Vancouver. I find Edmonton seems to be looking to the "Vancouver model" a lot lately.

We should be careful to pull appropriate design elements/ideas from Vancouver but we should not expect to transplant Vancouver's accomplishments to Edmonton.

I agree and I've stated this before. Edmonton should adopt certain architectural and urban design elements from Vancouver but should NOT, replicate them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisD
                              Originally posted by BDavidson

I agree and I've stated this before. Edmonton should adopt certain architectural and urban design elements from Vancouver but should NOT, replicate them.
                              Yes, but this can't be an excuse for the crap that has been built and garnished with a hint of 'edmontonian artistic/architectual flavour' IMO. Time will tell...
                              Shameless Urbanophile

Comment

Working...
                              X