X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nobleea View Post
    Originally posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Originally posted by Spudly View Post
    Crestwood is south of this development - why would shade be a problem there?
    Eaxctly. This proposal is perfect for the site and neighbouring communities will support it if this means stronger and stable retail.
    It'll be west of crestwood. So they'll complain about their sunsets being blocked.
    The development is west but far north of most of Crestwood so no real issue.
    Last edited by edmguy111; 24-10-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nobleea View Post
      The Howard Johnson further down stony plan is to be converted to something similar, though on a much smaller scale.
      A smaller version of a TOD?

Comment

Wonder if Lorne Gunter would have a public snit fit about all the increased property tax revenue from west LRT? ......

Just askin'
        ... gobsmacked

Comment

Fun Fact: this past summer, a big ‘ol sinkhole appeared in the parking lot closest to Safeway. So I imagine they’re paying a bit more attention to the geotechnical.
          I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

What used to be on this land before they made this what it is today because i only remember them building it out in the early to late 80's

Comment

There should be photos of it somewhere.

There was a Pop Shoppe* on the south edge of the lot at 149st and Stony Pl Rd
              I can’t recall what was next door. It may have been a London Drugs. The buildings faced north. Not sure what was in the space before the Pop Shoppe.

When they redeveloped it I thought that the City was missing a great opportunity to run a diagonal road across that huge open space to smoothly link 100th Ave to Stony Plain Road

*I’m fairly sure it was a Pop Shoppe and not a Happy Pop
              Last edited by KC; 25-10-2019, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                There should be photos of it somewhere.

There was a Pop Shoppe* on the south edge of the lot at 149st and Stony Pl Rd
                I can’t recall what was next door. It may have been a London Drugs. The buildings faced north. Not sure what was in the space before the Pop Shoppe.

When they redeveloped it I thought that the City was missing a great opportunity to run a diagonal road across that huge open space to smoothly link 100th Ave to Stony Plain Road

*I’m fairly sure it was a Pop Shoppe and not a Happy Pop
                Pretty sure i remember pop shoppe on the corner of the old style mayfeld common or w/e it was named back then where the boston pizza is now

Comment

Originally posted by Spudly View Post
                  Crestwood is south of this development - why would shade be a problem there?
                  It was a sarcastic comment, playing on how people who are opposed to development will throw everything at the wall, no matter how valid.

Comment

Doubt much will happen on this project for at least 3-4 years with the LRT funding delay. That delay sets the stage for all sorts of rethinks by what could very well be a new Council including new Councillors for the area that want a different solution. Then there is the pro bus lane anti-LRT advocates waiting in the wings. Funding down the road may not materialize 4 years out or even a decade - all dependent on the UCP Government glorious achievements to turn the economy around. Of course a majority but not all Edmontonians voted with their heart and not head in the Federal election, and thus Edmonton is powerless to seek some help from the Feds unless Trudeau finds a path forward and appoints Senator Grant Mitchell to the Cabinet. But then those frustrated Edmontonians would rather have NO representation than have any Liberal influence. Btch btch btch.
                    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 25-10-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

And to think people were ragging on me because I was mixing politics into threads. "What has politics got to do with anything?" I heard idiots whine. EVRYTHING.
                      Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

Working...
                      X