X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westrich Garneau - 86ave/110st - 28 storeys

Proposed rezoning in Garneau for a residential tower

October 16, 2019

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about the proposed rezoning of properties on the south side of 86 Avenue NW between 110 and 111 Streets NW.

Date: Tuesday, October 22
    Time: 6 – 8 p.m. (drop-in, no scheduled presentation)

The proposed rezoning would allow for the development of an approximately 28-storey residential tower with townhouses fronting 86 Avenue NW. An amendment to the Garneau Area Redevelopment Plan would be required to allow the proposed rezoning, as current plan policy does not support development of this intensity at this location.

The engagement session will be an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and share your views with the City and the applicant. Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council when the proposed rezoning goes to a future Public Hearing for a decision.

For more information:
    Garneau Rezoning Webpage
    https://www.edmonton.ca/residential_...avenue-nw.aspx

Media contact:
    Karen Burgess
    Communications Advisor
    Communications and Engagement
    780-496-4908

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Not beautiful but definitely not bad. I like it.

Comment

I'd have to agree with etown

Comment

I'd f*ck it.

Comment

It's not bad. My question regarding this development, Will this project help with housing of students and/or faculty that wish to live closer to the UofA, or is this just another project to bring more people to the area that may want to live near the University but really don't need to live near the university.
          LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

What difference would that make?

Comment

It would replace 9 houses, all rentals. At most, there's going to be 50 students living in those houses. While this new place will be too expensive for the current students that live on the properties, there's guaranteed to be more than 50 students that live in the new place.

It's one or two steps above bland, but it's pretty tucked away from major streets.

Comment

So it's getting shoehorned between Garneau Place and Leva? I like it.
                I will beat the dead horse back to life.

Comment

Kind of a bland design!
                  Thank You For Finally Going Higher!

Comment

‘I’d feel the same way’: Developer sympathizes with residents opposed to his 28-storey project

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

'“I think they’re quite concerned by this one. I mean, it doesn’t fit,” Henderson said.'

Yup, no precedent in the immediate vicinity at all... seriously...

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Nope, you can't ever go taller than the existing context! Sometimes you have to wonder how the original towers got there. After all, they probably didn't fit at all when they were first built. Did they appear out of nowhere?

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                          '“I think they’re quite concerned by this one. I mean, it doesn’t fit,” Henderson said.'

Yup, no precedent in the immediate vicinity at all... seriously...

Hendy gonna hend.

Comment

As much as I enjoy Garneau - it = Oliver South. Council can kill a 28 story tower (which even I wonder about) now, but will end up approving a 50 story tower later.
                            ... gobsmacked

Comment

Is there any chance council will not approve this? Seems like a really good proposal, would hate to have the NIMBYs **** this up.

Comment

Working...
                              X