• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Oliver Tower - 102ave - 121st - 17 storeys

Proposed rezoning for 17-storey residential tower in Oliver

https://www.edmonton.ca/residential_...sign_Brief.pdf

October 9, 2019

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in public engagement session about the proposed rezoning of property at the northeast corner of 102 Avenue NW and 121 Street NW.

Date: Wednesday, October 16
    Time: 6 – 8 p.m. (drop-in, no scheduled presentation)
    Location: Robertson-Wesley United Church, Memorial Room, 10209 123 Street NW

The proposed rezoning would allow for the development of a 17-storey residential tower with street level commercial uses and underground parking. An amendment to the Oliver Redevelopment Plan would also be required to reflect the rezoning.

The meeting will be an opportunity to learn more about the proposal and provide your feedback to the City and applicant. Feedback will be summarized in a report for when the proposed rezoning goes to Public Hearing.

For more information:
    Oliver Planning Applications

Media contact:
    Karen Burgess
    Communications Advisor
    Communications and Engagement
    780-496-4908

The proposed DC2 Provision would allow for the development of a high rise tower with the following characteristics:

A residential tower approximately 54 metres (approximately 17 storeys) in height
    A maximum of 138 dwellings
    A maximum Floor Area Ratio of 7.0
    Row-housing style dwellings fronting onto 102 Avenue, 121 Street and the adjacent lane
    Limited commercial uses at the corner of the102 Avenue and 121 Street
    Underground parking

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Is this a new proposal? I thought there was already something proposed for this corner, and we had a thread on it ... ?
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Didn't see one... but maybe.

Comment

I think I was thinking of the Oliver Exchange... but that's something different. https://beljandevelopment.com/projects/oliver-exchange/
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

The shadow massing to the north also has a thread created, but this is new I believe.

Comment

Who's the developer on this one?

Comment

from the link, it appears it's https://www.openskydev.ca/

Comment

Interesting. This dev would require demolition of a half-block of houses, most of which are professional services now, while the parcel to the north, which has been a weed patch for years, is still a weed patch.
                I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Nearctic has a proposal for that site.

Comment

I had heard about this one a while back. I think it was my friend who sits on the Oliver Community League. The idea is to turn this intersection into a trendy, active space that extends to 124 Street. I kind of like the idea of it becoming a little neighbourhood hub with food establishments, etc.

Hopefully the usual Edmonton NIMBYism doesnt drive this one away - As a North Oliver resident, and a user of the bike lanes, this seems very exciting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                      Yuuup.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamEDM View Post
                        I had heard about this one a while back. I think it was my friend who sits on the Oliver Community League. The idea is to turn this intersection into a trendy, active space that extends to 124 Street. I kind of like the idea of it becoming a little neighbourhood hub with food establishments, etc.

Hopefully the usual Edmonton NIMBYism doesnt drive this one away - As a North Oliver resident, and a user of the bike lanes, this seems very exciting to me.
                        Yes, yes, and more yes!

Comment

Averton has one out there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                            Thanks!

Comment

A bit more retail here to complement Oliver Exchange would be fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X