Grandin City - Tower 2 of 4 - 43 storeys/130m - PROPOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

In a way this is really what the Falcon Towers should look like.

Comment

Proposed Oliver rezoning for residential tower

May 16, 2019

Edmontonians are invited to a drop-in engagement session to learn more about a proposed rezoning at the northeast corner of 111 Street & 100 Avenue for a high-rise apartment.

Date: Thursday, May 23
        Time: 6 - 8 p.m.

The proposed rezoning from High Rise Apartment Zone (RA9) to Site Specific Development Control Provision (DC2) would allow for the development of a high-rise apartment building on a mixed use podium. To facilitate this rezoning, an application has been made to amend the Oliver Area Redevelopment Plan.

Feedback will be summarized in a report to City Council for a decision at a future public hearing.

For more information:
        edmonton.ca/residential_neighbourhoods/neighbourhoods/northeast-corner-100-ave-111-st.aspx

Media contact:
        Carrie McNallie
        Communications Advisor
        Urban Form and Corporate Strategic Development
        780-423-6040

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by AUsenik View Post
          Really like it, looks good !
          Thank You For Finally Going Higher!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron_Lloyd View Post
            In a way this is really what the Falcon Towers should look like.
            Better material finishings for a prominent tower and view? Yes... Even with what they have decided, they have to refine better details.
            " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Originally posted by OilTastic/BigCityDude View Post
              Originally posted by AUsenik View Post
              Really like it, looks good !
              which one is the current iteration? Middle or left?

Comment

^i personally like them both but the drawing a little better. in my opinion.

Comment

Are you both refering to the drawings directly above? If so, that us the same iteration.
                  " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

iano is so edgy he cant even do his thread titles properly.
                    Friendly neighborhood (non-double poster) photographer.

Comment

The Heights - Grandin

Source:
                      https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/n...oposal-heights

On November 4, City Council will debate the merits of Westrich Pacific and Arc Studio's proposal to erect a 43-storey, 130-metre, residential high-rise upon the NE corner of 111 St NW and 100 Ave NW in Oliver. Known as "The Heights," the mixed-use development would feature up to 370 residential units perched atop a single row of multi-storey townhouses, with space leftover for street-level retail.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

^i am definitely liking the height !

Comment

Received a notice regarding one of the Grandin projects - on 100 ave on the corner of 113 street. Westrich has come up with new plan. Instead of original 30 storey tower, they are now proposing a six storey building with 130 units. Suits me fine. More density to the neighbourhood, filling up some vacant land. Usually developers, including Westrich, say they need the height to make the economics work. So I guess that has changed. I wouldn't mind seeing more mid size projects go up in Oliver. Two otherr six storey apartments are in various stages of development on 103 Avenue right now- one also on 113 st and the other 118 st i think.

Comment

well that's disappointing !!

Comment

Originally posted by racer
                              Usually developers, including Westrich, say they need the height to make the economics work
                              Sometimes less height makes more sense. If a building is 6 stories and under 18m in height, it isn't considered a high building in the building code, and therefore avoids a bunch of extra requirements. Buildings of 7-10 stories tend to have the worst economics. There isn't a simple linear curve where buildings get more and more profitable as they get taller. There's peaks and valleys along the way.

Comment

Yup it depends on the provinces building codes, geotech. conditions, and property value etc, but usually there's a gap between woodframe and concrete construction where the finances don't work. In Vancouver construction the gap is from 7-12 or 16, depending on the site, at least from what I've seen. There's also a gap starting around 36/40 floors where you have to go significantly higher to make the extra structural work worth it (geotechnical, piles, column size etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X