Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provincial Super Lab - South Campus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by illin View Post
    ^And Calgary Lab Services doesn't exist anymore - it's already been folded into Alberta Public Laboratories
    Well, you never know what Kenny will do. A single Province wide private provider may realize the additional efficiencies just like AHS had planned. Or not.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by illin View Post
      ^And Calgary Lab Services doesn't exist anymore - it's already been folded into Alberta Public Laboratories
      Since the new South Campus super lab was designed as the anchor of the entire provincial laboratory system, APL's future under the UCP is very much in question.

      More information on APL here: https://www.albertapubliclabs.ca/

      Comment


      • ^not disagreeing that the future of APL isn't at significant risk. Just stating that the organization of CLS doesn't actually exist currently anymore.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by illin View Post
          ^not disagreeing that the future of APL isn't at significant risk. Just stating that the organization of CLS doesn't actually exist currently anymore.
          My bad, I must have missed in the interview that CLS didn't exist anymore and it was an AHS hands-off subsidiary.

          Comment


          • Meanwhile life goes on, without huge disasters the NDP predicted with the cancellation of the super lab
            https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-north-america

            Comment


            • I dont recall the ndp saying there would be huge disasters, however its pretty premature to declare anything at this point, I would think...? Considering the superlab wouldnt be finished for many years from now had construction been allowed to continue... the net effects of cancellation are still yet to be seen
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

              Comment


              • ^^Who to believe?

                A recommendation from the Health Quality Council of Alberta detailing the need for state of the art centralized medical laboratory services in Northern Alberta, or a Dynalife press release masquerading as an Journal news story?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sundance View Post
                  Meanwhile life goes on, without huge disasters the NDP predicted with the cancellation of the super lab
                  https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-north-america
                  Little premature don't ya think? They were building for future needs not for current ones. Of course the skies not gonna fall when they cancel something that wouldn't be done construction for at least another couple years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                    I dont recall the ndp saying there would be huge disasters, however its pretty premature to declare anything at this point, I would think...? Considering the superlab wouldnt be finished for many years from now had construction been allowed to continue... the net effects of cancellation are still yet to be seen
                    Anyone who understands construction timeliness and the concept of planning ahead would realize the disaster is not going to happen now, but in the future, in a few years.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sundance View Post
                      Meanwhile life goes on, without huge disasters the NDP predicted with the cancellation of the super lab
                      https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-north-america
                      What kind of astro-turfing nonsense is this? The contract with Dynalife is not taxpayer friendly, and the combination of a lack of consolidated services and increased usage will lead to a strain on the system. Can Dynalife meet those needs? Probably, but it will be outside the scope of the current agreement, and we'll pay dearly for it.

                      Comment


                      • Superlab image


                        https://twitter.com/edmontonjournal/...24576308584449
                        @edmontonjournal


                        Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

                        Comment


                        • ucp superlab specifications and regulations:

                          https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/datdz0pms85gbnqy4j3k.pdf
                          "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

                          Comment


                          • "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IanO View Post

                              Really? Yuck!
                              Animals are my passion.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IanO View Post
                                Seeing as you're posting this, I assume the correct response is to cheer it's cancellation?

                                While cheering the "Edmonton Superlab" in the Manulife 2 podium

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X