Falcon Towers | 175 m and 145 m | Proposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose.

But it would be even better to have falling land prices with lots of sellers, so the end product can be less expensive. Or maybe slightly larger suites.
    There can only be one.

Comment

^Problem is that would only happen if it was clear there was no market for new buildings downtown.

Comment

Land value is not a significant factor in the final cost of large, high-rise multi-unit projects. Or at least, in Edmonton it's not as significant as you'd think. Probably less than 10% of the overall budget for most projects here. So even if land value went down by a really significant amount, it would have a negligible impact on the sale price of condos.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander II View Post
          I suppose.

But it would be even better to have falling land prices with lots of sellers, so the end product can be less expensive. Or maybe slightly larger suites.
          The market is in equilibrium right now. I've experienced a loss in my values but I know it's good for new purchasers too. You don't want any kind of market collapse because there's too groups of people to think about - existing property owners being the latter.
          There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
            Land value is not a significant factor in the final cost of large, high-rise multi-unit projects. Or at least, in Edmonton it's not as significant as you'd think. Probably less than 10% of the overall budget for most projects here. So even if land value went down by a really significant amount, it would have a negligible impact on the sale price of condos.
            It's all relative. This site sold for around $400/SF which is SIGNIFICANT. Some will say he overpaid however when you look at this from a development perspective it secures land for a multi-phased project that he can develop over a 5-7+ year period. He then controls that block.

Comment

^That's interesting to know.

So that would probably amount to something like $50/sf of their built product, pretty close to Marcel's 10%. That's a bit less than I might have thought - I recall some chat on here about one of those re-zone& flip parcels in oliver being on the market for something like $100/sf or $100,000 per unit, which is into the range where it'll make a huge difference to what can be built and marketed.

It's crazy to hear about land in Vancouver going for $200++/sf buildable, or in NYC for $500/sf buildable, but prime manhattan locations the finished product can go for well over $2000/sf so it's all relative.
              There can only be one.

Comment

^Magnum Group in Van last week just finished selling a whole project of millions at $300sf buildable in 3 days. Good to see this lot sold at such a price.
                Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

Langham sites - 10019-104st/10318A-100Ave:

Key Design Features:

- 2 slim, non-identical towers with ~650 units
                  - Heights in the 30s and 40s respectively
                  - A focus on the continuation of the 4th street promenade/experience

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

^Good to hear. I'm curious to see what Kennedy designs here.

Comment

^^ heights in the 30s and 40s in respect to what?
                      “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

One being 30+ stories, the other 40+ stories.
                        ... gobsmacked

Comment

“There will be two towers one in the 30s and one in the 40s.”
                          “There will be two towers one red and one yellow and be in the 30s and 40s respectively.”
                          The second sentence means the red tower will be in the 30s and the yellow tower will be in the 40s.
                          From what Ian is saying I want to know in respect to what.
                          “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post

Key Design Features:

Was really hoping for you to have a note which indicated something like this:
                            - NO white stucco in tower designs
                            - NO punched out windows in tower designs
                            - NO stucco period in tower designs...

Comment

Originally posted by millwoods View Post
                              Originally posted by IanO View Post

Key Design Features:

Was really hoping for you to have a note which indicated something like this:
                              - NO white stucco in tower designs
                              - NO punched out windows in tower designs
                              - NO stucco period in tower designs...
                              +1

Comment

Unlikely with the new energy codes we will see all window wall. But we'll see.

Information IanO is providing is from a letter from Kennedy Architecture. We have no more details at this time.
                                www.decl.org

Comment

Working...
                                X