• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Towers | 175 m and 145 m | Proposed

Posted by Daveography - Langham to EDC Nov 21 - pre-consult

www.twitter.com/daveography

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

That would fill a big hole. Yay.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

Yeah, really good potential there. Oddly shaped site, though.

Comment

Will be great to have another surface parking lot die, if this proceeds. 104th Street needs the help south of Jasper.
        “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

Can you say what their plans are or is it hush-hush right now? I'd love to see a tower there.

Comment

Almost certainly another Fox/Icon-style tower or towers, I would imagine.
            “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

Langham is going to dictate the lease rates for more than half the available retail space on this 3 block stretch on 104 st at this rate

Comment

Is that alley going away? Or will it be two separate developments?
                “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

There's no actual municipal alley there I don't believe, that's just Google's overlay that happens to be inaccurate.

edit: actually, looks like there might actually be one after all.
                  Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 02-11-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Doesn't look like there are a lot of properties accessed from the alley, though. All the parkades have their own entrances from the street.
                    There can only be one.

Comment

Podium could be a great place for ....

I'll show my self out.
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
                        Can you say what their plans are or is it hush-hush right now? I'd love to see a tower there.
                        Actually there is a plan for Two Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                          Podium could be a great place for ....

I'll show my self out.
                          Ha!

Actually, it could be a much better place than fox, for a few reasons.
                          -It's out of the area where 4-story podiums are required, correct? So expect a 2-story podium with all parking underground. That could allow deeper CRUS, or even a full-depth 2-story CRU comparable in size to the Craft space. If they talk before the design is finalized there could be room for all kinds of cool things.
                          -Not corner, so less frontage in a single establishment.

We'll see.
                          There can only be one.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesL View Post
                            Almost certainly another Fox/Icon-style tower or towers, I would imagine.
                            I hope they throw away that cookie cutter this time.
                            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by nunuangel99 View Post
                              Originally posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
                              Actually there is a plan for Two Towers
                              Beauty! Do we know heights?

Comment

Working...
                              X