Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighton Block Redevelopment - Under Construction

[IMG]Brighton Block by cdnklc, on Flickr[/IMG]

there's isn't much to save except what you see here but it's still nice to see what's here once again...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Beautiful building.

Comment

^On the outside. The interior was left in absolute shambles, which is why it's being blown out.

Comment

What ever can be salvaged or duplicated to represent some sense of history is also a great thing.
        " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Disappointing for anyone who donated money to see the building deteriorate to where it had before being sold. So pleased the new owners have good work behind their name so I am confident it’s in good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
            Disappointing for anyone who donated money to see the building deteriorate to where it had before being sold. So pleased the new owners have good work behind their name so I am confident it’s in good hands.
            the donated and grant monies were substantially all spent in the adjacent lodge/pendennis building. the design and the work completed to date are already the backbone of something quite spectacular for edmonton. hopefully the sale of the brighton block will be ucama’s next step in completing it.
            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

I love what your doing with this building Kcantor, you make Edmonton proud!
              Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

So good to see this happening. I've been following this with my camera since 2009. Thanks to Ken for allowing me to continue. Nothing new yet, but here are shots from 2009 until 2014 when UCAMA pulled out. �� https://flic.kr/s/aHskqvZJBA
                Violating Foolhardy Tyranny

Comment

This area will be a gold mine one day. It may take some time but it's screaming of potential. Great job Ken.
                  Skyscraper Enthusiast

Comment

My guts says this area will become a hugh destination that 124st wished it had become. I hope other proprietors along that street envision the same goals as Ken and Ukrainian museum.
                    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Got inside of this amazing project today. Thanks Ken.
                      https://flic.kr/s/aHskqvZJBA
                      Violating Foolhardy Tyranny

Comment

Great pictures.

Question to Ken, Any renders or details of the project that you can divulge to here on C2E?
                        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
                          Great pictures.

Question to Ken, Any renders or details of the project that you can divulge to here on C2E?
                          This might be what you're looking for Edmcowboy11:

http://primaveradevelopmentgroup.com...2017-03-16.pdf

Comment

Yup, that would do it, =) Thanks.
                            LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

247253193-008
                              27-Feb-2018
                              9666 - JASPER AVENUE NW
                              Plan ND Blk 2 Lots 34-35

To construct an OVERHEAD CRANE AT BRIGHTEN BLOCK as part of project for an addition, exterior alterations, and interior alterations to an existing General Retail Stores and Professional, Financial and Office Support Services use building - Phase 1, To demolish interior structures and shoring only. (BRIGHTON BLOCK 2 Storey addition)

247253193-005
                              27-Feb-2018
                              9666 - JASPER AVENUE NW
                              Plan ND Blk 2 Lots 34-35

To construct EXTERIOR WALL REINFORCING AND DEMOLITION OF INTERIOR FLOORS to stabilize the exterior facade structure in advance of total reconstruction and addition. (Phase 1 BRIGHTON BLOCK 2 Storey addition)

247253193-006
                              27-Feb-2018
                              9666 - JASPER AVENUE NW
                              Plan ND Blk 2 Lots 34-35

To construct a COVERED WAY HOARDING IN FRONT OF BRIGHTEN BLOCK UNTIL NOVEMBER 1,2018 that will run along the north sidewalk on Jasper Avenue. This includes a portion with a job trailer that will be set on top.The hoarding is for overhead crane protection as part of an addition, exterior alterations, and interior alterations to an existing General Retail Stores and Professional, Financial and Office Support Services use building - Phase 1, To demolish interior structures and shoring only.(BRIGHTON BLOCK 2 Storey addition)

PCL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT INC
                              Last edited by sonicboom; 01-03-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X