Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice District Tower B | ~150m | Under Construction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Moodib View Post
    Ian and another member are dropping rumours that this tower is going higher again.

    Perhaps Ice District was trolling us.
    It would be wise with the high sales volume in legends. I'm excited to see what's in store for Phase 2.

    This all bodes well for other CRL impacted areas too. More return on our buck and bigger and better projects to be coming.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

    Comment


    • #47
      ^ I suspect we won't hear about phase 2 until 2017 or 2018, but it will be exciting.

      Comment


      • #48
        Greyhound will be moving out soon, and they've already been doing work in the alley behind, looks like shoring.
        I expect that the building will be down and gone by the end of May, and they'll start digging right away. They'll be in a position to be putting in foundations by the end of summer so the structure design massing and height envelope will be finalized by then, based on how they've announced and marketed their first 3 towers I expect we'll see a lot more around then.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by highlander View Post
          Greyhound will be moving out soon, and they've already been doing work in the alley behind, looks like shoring.
          I expect that the building will be down and gone by the end of May, and they'll start digging right away. They'll be in a position to be putting in foundations by the end of summer so the structure design massing and height envelope will be finalized by then, based on how they've announced and marketed their first 3 towers I expect we'll see a lot more around then.
          Excavation won't be done on this until January according to a post by Virex in another thread. Lines up with how long it took them to excavate the Stantec/hotel pit down that far. He has been pretty bang on with timelines on the entire Ice District and is the one that shared the entire Stantec skeleton picture. I imagine we'll see an announcement for this tower in the summer though as they have already teased about it on their Instagram and Facebook pages.

          I can't see phase 2 getting announced until quite a while after this tower though.

          Greyhound comes down in June and excavation will be finished on phase two (greyhound site) by January 2017.
          Last edited by Moodib; 05-04-2016, 12:43 PM.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Moodib View Post
            Ian and another member are dropping rumours that this tower is going higher again.

            Perhaps Ice District was trolling us.
            Should I be shocked?
            " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

            Comment


            • #51
              I heard Greyhound will be demo'ed by July. Good riddance.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by ChrisD View Post
                I heard Greyhound will be demo'ed by July. Good riddance.
                I thought it was supposed to go sooner than that

                Oh well maybe I'm asking too much. At least it's going right...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Greyhound has to move out, remediation has to take place...this takes time and considering we are already in April that's only 3 months away.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Ya, like I said, I'm probably asking too much. I just can't wait to see it go.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
                      Job No 189442126-001
                      Description: To demolish a Fleet Services and Restaurant Use building (GREHOUND BUS DEPOT and A&W).
                      Location: 10324 - 103 STREET NW
                      Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lot 196
                      10324 - 103 STREET NW
                      Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lots 183-184,189-195
                      10324 - 103 STREET NW
                      Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lots 197-198
                      Applicant: DIALOG
                      Status: In Development Review
                      Create Date: 4/1/2016 3:14:26 PM
                      Sweet action.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
                        Job No 189442126-001
                        Description: To demolish a Fleet Services and Restaurant Use building (GREHOUND BUS DEPOT and A&W).
                        As much as what's replacing it might be good, and even though everyone around seems gleeful with the proceedings, I for one feel sad in the passing of downtown's intercity bus terminal. I guess I'm getting old. I remember when they built this place. Believe it or not, it was seen as fairly impressive at the time.

                        And, more importantly, even though Greyhound doesn't seem interested in it, we should *want* a downtown bus station. Unlike a downtown train station (which I'm also sad we've lost, but that one's too long gone to fret about now), buses are still, or at least should be, an option.

                        So, sure, let's look forward to the shiny tower we (probably) will be gaining, but let's also see that we're losing something. And something that we could, and I think *should* find a way to replace, be it with Greyhound's involvement or not.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Moodib View Post
                          Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
                          Job No 189442126-001
                          Description: To demolish a Fleet Services and Restaurant Use building (GREHOUND BUS DEPOT and A&W).
                          Location: 10324 - 103 STREET NW
                          Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lot 196
                          10324 - 103 STREET NW
                          Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lots 183-184,189-195
                          10324 - 103 STREET NW
                          Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lots 197-198
                          Applicant: DIALOG
                          Status: In Development Review
                          Create Date: 4/1/2016 3:14:26 PM
                          Sweet action.
                          One of the most beautiful things I've seen this year.

                          I would pay to help.
                          Let's make Edmonton better.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Wire View Post
                            Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
                            Job No 189442126-001
                            Description: To demolish a Fleet Services and Restaurant Use building (GREHOUND BUS DEPOT and A&W).
                            As much as what's replacing it might be good, and even though everyone around seems gleeful with the proceedings, I for one feel sad in the passing of downtown's intercity bus terminal. I guess I'm getting old. I remember when they built this place. Believe it or not, it was seen as fairly impressive at the time.

                            And, more importantly, even though Greyhound doesn't seem interested in it, we should *want* a downtown bus station. Unlike a downtown train station (which I'm also sad we've lost, but that one's too long gone to fret about now), buses are still, or at least should be, an option.

                            So, sure, let's look forward to the shiny tower we (probably) will be gaining, but let's also see that we're losing something. And something that we could, and I think *should* find a way to replace, be it with Greyhound's involvement or not.
                            you aren't wrong. I love what is happening downtown but i still wonder if we couldn't have maintained a multi modal train/bus/transit depot under the CN tower somehow. Water under the bridge now for sure and i'm more than happy with what is happening. not all cities have downtown inter city travel access... and we need to build a demand for it before it could ever have happened.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              A grand central terminal with VIA Rail, greyhound, red arrow, various smaller shuttles, room for travel groups that do ski tours, central pickup/drop off for industrial shuttles, taxi spots, ride share spots, uber/tappcar/modern pick up service pickup, LRT, city buses, transit buses from sherwood park/st albert, at a potential HSR spot, with an attached mall of some kind and a package pick up point for fedex, ups, canadapost, amazon/ikea pick-up, DATS, and any other bus or transit providers that want in.

                              Losing grey hound has it's negatives. But the current way the grey hound was running wasn't being helpful for the area.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by LoebsPeugot208 View Post
                                A grand central terminal with VIA Rail, greyhound, red arrow, various smaller shuttles, room for travel groups that do ski tours, central pickup/drop off for industrial shuttles, taxi spots, ride share spots, uber/tappcar/modern pick up service pickup, LRT, city buses, transit buses from sherwood park/st albert, at a potential HSR spot, with an attached mall of some kind and a package pick up point for fedex, ups, canadapost, amazon/ikea pick-up, DATS, and any other bus or transit providers that want in.

                                Losing grey hound has it's negatives. But the current way the grey hound was running wasn't being helpful for the area.
                                no question, i wouldn't trade. once in awhile i like to live in my alternate universe.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X