Ice District Tower B | ~150m | Under Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice District Tower B | ~150m | Under Construction

Here's a thread for the demolition of the current greyhound station as well as the construction of Tower B in Ice District as requested by some readers.

Should be exciting to watch this phase get underway

There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Party in June at Denizen to celebrate the beginning of this part of the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodib View Post
      Party in June at Denizen to celebrate the beginning of this part of the project.
      I'm down for some b-arcade time!

Comment

How realistic is this project to go ahead at this massive scale (after the demo) considering the current economic climate?

Of course, I really want it to like everyone else but trying to temper my expectations.

Comment

The economic climate of Katz/Durstling is super and this will go forward.
          Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

The parkade/podium is 99.999%, the tower could wait if they wanted. Or they could retarget depending on the market.
            Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

I think given the war chest they've got and given labour, electricity and fuel cost drops they would be looking at this time frame as a positive one as opposed to a climate where those same costs are substantially higher.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBee View Post
                The parkade/podium is 99.999%, the tower could wait if they wanted. Or they could retarget depending on the market.
                I think the tower is quite important to the success of the stores in the podium, a grocery store for example. They need as many people as possible to patronize it at all times of day. Though stantec, ultima and the hotel towers will add people, this would provide another ~500 people that could frequent it.

Comment

So this is officially 43 stories then? I recall seeing on social media that they had cut down 8 floors?

Comment

The latest stats I heard a few days ago was that Alberta's unemployment rate was below Quebec's for the first time in 30 years, but Edmonton is still isolated from this plethora of insidious misfortune by gaining 1200 jobs.
                    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

Originally posted by ABeck1024 View Post
                      So this is officially 43 stories then? I recall seeing on social media that they had cut down 8 floors?
                      If you look at the trend Katz/Wam did not release anything official till the unveiling . I suspect some toying around is going on.
                      live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

Comment

Back to the original it is then lol...
                        " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

I can see this project going through as this will be one of the focus areas of the city for quite awhile. And the cool thing is this other tower could convince others to further invest in the downtown. As each project moves forward it gives more developers and businesses confidence that downtown Edmonton is the place to be.
                          LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

http://skyrisecities.com/news/2016/0...s-ice-district

I would wait till WAM releases more info on the tower; the floor count is still speculative but this is where I went for some quick tidbits.

Comment

This entire development is interconnected and I can't foresee a reality in which the tower gets delayed, much less not go ahead. As others have mentioned, the retailers might have clauses in their lease requiring it, the parking revenue (at least a portion of) is dependent on it. Other projects might sputter in this economy, but not this one.
                              EDACC-EAD-YEGDT FTW!

Comment

Working...
                              X