Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Parks: Proposed (Jasper 108 street - two towers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parks: Proposed (Jasper 108 street - two towers)

Jasper 108st pre app, 2 x 28 and 2 x 27 going north, ~750 units.

... More to come.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Please tell me they are ripping down that money mart.

Comment

Great spot once the lrt rolls through Norquest area. Kinda dead now between Jasper and campus.

Comment

Is this going for re-zoning purposes and/or to put pressure on the GoA to buy one of the last large parcels of land near Government Centre?

This is MacLab is it not? And what parcels is it?

As to LRT that turns on 107 North at 102 Ave. This project has great LRT right on Jasper and likely will include a pedway link to Corona Station.
        Last edited by EdmTrekker; 10-11-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I'm quite curious about this one - more so in what uglyness they will tear down. Is this running along 108street or Jasper Ave?

Would this rip out the el-mirador ? I know some people are fond of that building, but I dont find it worthy of keeping. Maybe the former bank ultra lounge (what ever its called now)? or maybe the queen donair/money mart? Which corner are we talking about?
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Significant Rezoning required.

2-3 partners depending how you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
              I'm quite curious about this one - more so in what uglyness they will tear down. Is this running along 108street or Jasper Ave?

Would this rip out the el-mirador ? I know some people are fond of that building, but I dont find it worthy of keeping.
              Both

Comment

I'd imagine any rezoning would have the time limit imposed similar to other recent upzonings?
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Until we know who the partners are - it might not be unreasonable to think that the rezoning is an attempt to drive up value in the land - for purely land sale purposes. Ian you could hint if these partners are all local or not? If MacLab is in the 3, I won't hold my breathe thinking we will see much given their previous disinterest when the economy was firing on all cylinders.

Comment

I would think so, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by EdmTrekker View Post
                      Until we know who the partners are - it might not be unreasonable to think that the rezoning is an attempt to drive up value in the land - for purely land sale purposes. Ian you could hint if these partners are all local or not? If MacLab is in the 3, I won't hold my breathe thinking we will see much given their previous disinterest when the economy was firing on all cylinders.
                      Maclab is one, the other is an active developer, both are moving this forward... Not a land value play per se. That said, anything is for sale at the right price ^^no?

Comment

Maclab and Day are involved in this. Both are not speculators and land flippers. So that should shut down that comment.

Comment

So if I'm reading these posts right, this will take up a big chunk of the NE corner of Jasper and 108 St including El Mirador? Will this also include the spot where Knoxvilles is now?
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Comment

I know it will take a while to go through the require process, but I cannot wait until this crappy block is gone from Jasper Ave. I can't tell from the diagram, but does this include the building where the Commodore Restaurant is as well?

Jasper & 108 Multi-Tower Project Site
                              by Scott, on Flickr
                              Last edited by ScottieA; 10-11-2015, 09:42 AM.
                              Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

Working...
                              X