• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton Police Service Northwest Campus

18350 - 127 Street NW

Renderings and Plans:
    http://publicart.edmontonarts.ca/sta..._NW_Campus.pdf

Last edited by sonicboom; 05-10-2015, 09:15 AM.

Nice, but seems a bit too far off the beaten path.

Comment

Maybe a Retreat out in the country to relax and get away from it all.
      Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
        Nice, but seems a bit too far off the beaten path.
        let me know where you would prefer this large campus to go, also while noting all the correctional facilities that are already in this area.
        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Why not just have some offices and whatever else at the existing new remand centre that has lots of room and keep the main police station downtown? It always has to be about spending hundreds of more millions.

Comment

Another Teeple design?
            Edmonton is a very exciting place to be right now.

Comment

Futuristic design, looks like a rec centre.
              Not sure I like the word 'Police' written in such big letters, maybe one quarter of the size would fit the design better and also not be so well 'Putinesque'.
              Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

^^^ The main police station is supposed to stay downtown, the most recent plan was that this is a district station with a few extra training spaces tacked on, like a better gun range.

I don't like the design. I suppose it's just adapted to the location, but a police station does not need to be a community landmark, it shouldn't be a destination like a rec centre. What it does need to be is not fortress-like, and I think this design fails at that.

Comment

I think the design is awesome. This is to function as their recruiting and training centre as well as the new NW detachment.

Comment

The EOC likely will reside there as well.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Looks like a hanger from which the drones will be deployed.
                      "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                        The EOC likely will reside there as well.
                        Make this a multi function facility similar to Calgary EOC, but without the data centre.

Comment

They really ought to include a hangar and launch pad for police helicopters.
                          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Would like to see horses myself, but I guess there's the Whitemud equine ranch. Horses should be a part of the force, especially with all the oilers Stanley cup riots coming up....
                            Last edited by Drumbones; 06-10-2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Horses were part of the proposal for the new Arena division. I was talking with a rider in Calgary and the cost of operating a horse unit is actually quite low.

Comment

Working...
                              X