Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Quarters Hotel & Residences (aka Alldritt Tower) | 280m | 80 floors | Proposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anymore news on this?

Comment

• so this is dead in the water, hey?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetroEd View Post
        so this is dead in the water, hey?
        can you please go into some water and die since clearly this is all you can say in every ******* post here lately thanks

Comment

• pretty sure I've said this from the get-go....this aint happening.

Glad to be wrong though. If this goes through and a completed tower sits on the banks of the river, I'll rep Alldritt's projects non-stop regardless of how bad they are.

Comment

• This project never made any sense to me from day 1, even if Edmonton and Alberta hadn't got swiped by the downturn in oil prices.

Originally posted by Drumbones View Post

You do not understand my post. I know how complicated it is. I'm only saying you can hire people to take care of all those complications. Darryl Katz seems to be doing ok and I'm sure you know more than he does about constructing most anything. If the money is there anyone can have it done.
            The post above certainly aged well! Things are all a-okay with a stalled third tower and something like 70-80% of the Sky Residences unsold and unlikely to move any time soon. Development is easy! I've never been involved in any of the Ice District stuff, but something tells me that Katz and Co. made a bunch of decisions that they later regretted or learned from. Katz's solution is to sue pretty much every professional consultant involved. And that's even with One Properties riding shotgun.

So no, having a giant bag of money is not sufficient to ensure that a project is successful, and that you aren't trading your giant bag of money for magic beans.

Comment

• I think the idea of this tower was born in the excitement of Edmonton's downtown development renaissance, and as that ended, so did it.
              I will beat the dead horse back to life.

Comment

• I don’t think this family is on a rush to develop it and will wait without shelving it completely for now. At this point, every single development is pretty much on hold.

Comment

• The land is bought, and no more harm then a couple of decrepit apartment buildings being knocked down happened. Alldrit can sit on the land until better times, when they can revive a project appropriate to era to come.

Comment

• Isn’t there some sore of timeline they have to adhere too otherwise the city will take back their park?
                    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post

can you please go into some water and die since clearly this is all you can say in every ******* post here lately thanks
                      go jump in the river pal !!

Comment

• not your pal guy

Comment

Working...
                        X