Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Quarters Hotel & Residences (aka Alldritt Tower) | 280m | 80 floors | Proposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quarters Hotel & Residences (aka Alldritt Tower) | 280m | 80 floors | Proposed

“We’ve got a parcel downtown we’re planning a highrise on, perhaps the tallest or second tallest in the city, which we’ll unveil in a few months. It’s on a derelict property as well.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...dmontonjournal

Any ideas of potential locations?

Sounded like he capitalized on the opportunity to talk a lot of talk and make himself look like a douchebag while doing it. Build your tower or GTFO.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Alldrit homes is going to build perhaps the tallest or second tallest tower in Edmonton?

Perhaps I'm amazed then.
      Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

He has a point about the bums and crime and that builders will build when the conditions are right. The tallest or second tallest building in the city though? Made me a laugh a bit if its the alldritt company I'm thinking of. They have barely much on the go for a company and now want to compete and do one of the largest high rises in the city?

How did a story on illegal parking lots get a quote from a builder about a potential new high rise? Maybe these illegal super cheap parking lots are earning more money for developers then we know.

Comment

Talk is cheap. I'll be excited when they announce a proposal.

Comment

What really annoys me is that the city is fully aware of all kinds of illegal parking lots and does nothing about them, yet us plebs get slapped down at every turn with fees, fines, and other crap.

If they're operating illegally - shut 'em down, today. Not tomorrow, not in 5 years. Send the trucks in and block them off. They'll either get their permits or develop them.
            "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

I think the article in the journal is a perfect example with how lazy reporters are. Here they get dropped some juicy info but they don't ask any follow up questions to this new potential high rise?

I guess they figured it was about parking lots not upcoming high rises that no one would be interested in hearing about.

Comment

Alldritt has primarily focused their attention on suburban low density housing. I suspect they're merely holding the land, as many other companies are in East Downtown, for speculative purposes.
                Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

It sounds like this lot he's talking about it not in East downtown, but right downtown, somewhere. He doesn't sound too bullish on the quarters.

The mediocre 10 story that he says they would have done if they had been forced to develop 3 years ago sounds like it would be a pretty ambitious project for them.

Comment

Very curious indeed. It will be interesting to track this one.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

garbage rhetoric. they own parking lots and want them to stay there. dangling the idea of a high rise when Edmonton has high rise fever? ...how original. an mentioning a new tallest when your specialty is suburban row houses? lol. classic!

Comment

Totally speculative and he is posturing to buy mega time. Firm is now second tier and so is their know it all President, the self proclaimed "I am bright" boy.
                        Last edited by EdmTrekker; 20-10-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Why is the city letting illegal parking lots sit there collecting revenue and preventing east downtown from developing? What a scandal.

Comment

I encourage Alldritt to employ a high quality architect and really wow the city. Let's build upward!

And some of the local firms that seem to get a lot of high-rise work do not qualify as 'high-quality', unfortunately.

Comment

There are tones of DC sites in the McKay area that could be theirs.
                              www.decl.org

Comment

Working...
                              X