Augustana | 30 floors | Under Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augustana | 30 floors | Under Construction

Anyone know what are the plans for the Augustana Lutheran Church site? According to this article, the church is closing, the land sold to a local developer

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...063/story.html

https://www.google.ca/maps/@53.53740...Ug!2e0!6m1!1e1
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I think that's been in the works for quite some time now. It was on the list of developments that that intern did as part of their project while working at DBA or EEDC (can't remember which one) a summer or two ago. Residential I believe.
    Last edited by ScottieA; 20-10-2014, 07:22 AM.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

Good site for a mixed use tower, I wonder if the developer bought the lot north as well.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think that parking lot is owned by WCB
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Actually half of the parking lot is owned by the church as a lot of staff from WCB park here and rent from the church.
          there are two rows right next to the Jarvis building that to my knowledge are owned by WCB

Comment

Downtown Edmonton church closes doors after 85 years
            Reverend Kathleen Schmitke has spent 14 months preparing her congregation

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ears-1.2885091

An Edmonton church with 85 years of history held its final service on Sunday.

Dozens of congregation members — many of whom appear in baptism and confirmation photos pasted in the church’s basement — were on hand to say goodbye to the Augustana Lutheran Church.

The downtown property has been sold to a local developer, who will likely tear down the old church building to make way for a high-rise condominium.

But while the church itself will soon be gone, parts of it will live on. Some money from the sale of the property will go towards missions, while several of the pews and the pulpit and altar are destined for a church in Manitoba. The welcome sign will find a new home at the Holy Spirit Lutheran Church in south Edmonton.
            Still no intel on who bought it?

Comment

Well considering the location and proximity to the Legislature area I wouldn't be surprised some sort of condo will be going there. As long at they have retail street interaction I'll be happy.
              LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

From two years ago, $20M residential project rumoured for the site.

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                From the DBA breakfast this AM

(www.edmontondowntown.com)
                Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

Likely RMU zone, expect something like omega.

Comment

it just doesn't look like that big of a space to build a tower

Comment

Parking lot behind it included?

Comment

Trucks with scaffold on site today.

Comment

Will be watching carefully, the owners better not be thinking surface parking lot for the interim.

Comment

They probably are
                            "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Comment

I've heard that is their plan... was hoping it was still in the zone for downtown non accessory parking.

Comment

Working...
                              X