Jasper House | Residential | 37 storeys, 122m | Proposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jasper House | Residential | 37 storeys, 122m | Proposed

Thought I would start a new thread specifically for Jasper House. (The other thread can be just for NORTH, since it was originally started for Beljan Development's on that land).

Here's a preliminary render of Jasper House:

Jasper House by chrisvazquez, on Flickr

More info:

http://fortressrealcapital.com/projects/jasper-house/
    http://fortressrealcapital.com/wp-co...-April2014.pdf

I think it should be called The Jasperian (in the style of Edmontonian) as I've read Jasper House is taken. I'm worried about copyright issues.

Comment

LOL. Your joking right? Copyright a building name who in the hell does that ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnoblade View Post
        LOL. Your joking right? Copyright a building name who in the hell does that ever?
        I'm not sure but maybe there'll be a problem with the taxi and you said you want to go to this Jasper House and then you were brought to the rental one. Maybe pizza delivery or furniture delivery from Ikea.

I just can't imagine having a couple of The Pearl Towers or Ultima Towers in Edmonton if one can just name a building the same as an existing one.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn View Post
          I'm not sure but maybe there'll be a problem with the taxi and you said you want to go to this Jasper House and then you were brought to the rental one. Maybe pizza delivery or furniture delivery from Ikea.
          You would give those people your exact address. The name of a building is going to mean nothing to them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisvazquez7 View Post
            Originally posted by Flynn View Post
            You would give those people your exact address. The name of a building is going to mean nothing to them.
            Or fall asleep and wake up at Jasper AB at a house and a $500 cab fare.
            Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

The Jasper House we now have is massively better than this proposal, in scale, taste, and dignity.

Not that it matters to anyone, of course.

Comment

I think naming it the same is disrespectful. Must be from T. O.

Comment

Mr. Lamb should take suggestions for a name. I'm sure we could come up with a good name that is not already taken.

Comment

Originally posted by AShetsen View Post
                    The Jasper House we now have is massively better than this proposal, in scale, taste, and dignity.

I feel especially filled with dignity when I look upon the big surface parking lot out front and the total failure to interact with Jasper OR the river valley.

Comment

Originally posted by slipsandtangles View Post

I feel especially filled with dignity when I look upon the big surface parking lot out front and the total failure to interact with Jasper OR the river valley.
                      I think it interacts fine with Jasper Avenue, though it might have done a bit better back when it was built, and the rest of the area more closely fit that Modernist vibe it's got going. Also, it's best appreciated while coming toward the building from the west, going east.

I agree it doesn't really dance well with the valley. It's definitely a "city", not a "country", building.

Comment

Game changer for 106st.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by overoceans View Post
                          I agree it doesn't really dance well with the valley. It's definitely a "city", not a "country", building.
                          Madness. Jasper avenue is "city", period.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumbones View Post
                            I think naming it the same is disrespectful. Must be from T. O.
                            Disrespectful. What the actual hell. like seriously are all the comedy acts coming out on this thread or what?

Comment

You clearly have no taste good sir. And as for scale we need to start going up and not out I'm getting sick of sprawl ruining my country bike runs in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X