Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 11, 2020
    In Progress
    To change the Use from Specialty Food Services to a Nightclub (97.5 sqm Public Space, VIBE).
    11727 - JASPER AVENUE NW
    Plan 7004ET Blk 17 Lot C

Comment

• i hope this gets appealed. The ground floor of that building doesn’t need a nightclub with the large one upstairs.

Comment

• Which building is this?

Comment

• Considering how many calls to 311 along with visits from the City bylaw enforcement the club up top required to clean up their act & stop throwing garbage everywhere I am not really keen on another club across the alley from me. Time to write my terrible & ineffective City Councillor I guess.

Noise & such I don't really care about. I'm aware of the double edged sword living a quarter block off of Jasper entails, but we've had tons of issues with trash & social disorder due to the upstairs joint already, plus the spin gym attendees are constantly taking up all our visitor parking (with impunity, generally classes are shorter than the response time of the tow trucks.)
          Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisD View Post
            Which building is this?
            This is the Google Maps link for the building. It is located across the street from Shopper's Drug Mart. As noted, there is a night club and shisha lounge upstairs, in the old Buddy's space. I wonder if this new club will be in the unit taking up about half the first floor, currently sitting vacant, or if it will also encompass the late-night restaurant on the other half as well, currently called the Ghost Kitchens.
            Last edited by Ustauk; 13-03-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• It’s taking a small unit in the building. It’s nothing to write home about.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
                March 11, 2020
                In Progress
                To change the Use from Specialty Food Services to a Nightclub (97.5 sqm Public Space, VIBE).
                11727 - JASPER AVENUE NW
                Plan 7004ET Blk 17 Lot C
                97.5 sq.m is not that big to be honest.

Comment

• March 13, 2020
                  Approved
                  To change the use from a Specialty Food Service to a Restaurant (Total 103.2 sq.m of Public Space with 47 seats, including indoor sitting area (58.4 sq.m with 25 seats) and outdoor sitting area (44.8 sq.m with 22 seats) and to construct interior alterations.
                  101, 10504 - 99 AVENUE NW
                  Plan 0622897 Unit 126

Comment

• do you have a favourite dining establishment or coffee shop you haven't been to lately (or were planning to for downtown dining week)?

if so, think about how much their business has dropped off in the last week or two and where it is likely to end up (the nook on 97th street is down more than 60% already
                    ).

and after you've thought about it, please think about purchasing a gift certificate or two from them. you can probably do it on-line if, like me, you are social distancing as much as possible.

it won't make much difference to you but having that extra bit of cash available to keep their business viable until you have a chance to use the certificate could make all the difference in the world to them as the "float" you're loaning them is the gross amount, not their nominal net margin.
                    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
                      March 13, 2020
                      Approved
                      To change the use from a Specialty Food Service to a Restaurant (Total 103.2 sq.m of Public Space with 47 seats, including indoor sitting area (58.4 sq.m with 25 seats) and outdoor sitting area (44.8 sq.m with 22 seats) and to construct interior alterations.
                      101, 10504 - 99 AVENUE NW
                      Plan 0622897 Unit 126
                      Great to see this corner activated again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisD View Post
                        Great to see this corner activated again.
                        Was that not the hotel and a Chinese restaurant on the SE corner?

Comment

• Originally posted by EdmTrekker View Post

Was that not the hotel and a Chinese restaurant on the SE corner?
                          I think it is where the Starbucks was that closed a few months ago.

Comment

• ^ That’s my assumption also. In which case, I’m curious as to the type of restaurant that they’re thinking of opening. I liked that Starbucks because it’s near my home. I believe it’s a fairly residentially dense neighborhood and I was surprised when Starbucks picked that one as one of the closures. However, I can’t remember if it had drive through capacity (I don’t think it did) and that seems to be one of the Starbucks criteria.

Comment

Working...
                            X