Greater Downtown Retail | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    ^I believe it's a new retail unit for a convenience store. But to me it looks more like a new lobby entrance. Hard to tell.
    The big empty space on the podium never did make sense. We probably don't need another 7-11 in the area, but I maybe it is better than nothing. Perhaps at least this one will not have the gauntlet of homeless people in front of it like the one on Jasper and 104 St. I try to avoid that one in particular.

Comment

• ^It was supposed to be a Mac's before they were bought out by Circle K. There is a permit for a convenience store, however, this construction looks more like a new building entrance, perhaps the convenience store is internal, I'm really unsure.
      www.decl.org

Comment

• Actually Couche-Tard/Macs bought Circle K in 2003 and recently chose to use this brand for their English stores while still using Couche-Tard for their Quebec stores where the company is headquartered.

Comment

• ^Actually Couche-Tard/Macs bought Circle K in 2003 and recently chose to use this brand for their English stores while still using Couche-Tard for their Quebec stores where the company is headquartered.

Comment

• I ^Actually Couche-Tard/Macs bought Circle K in 2003 and recently chose to use this brand for their English stores while still using Couche-Tard for their Quebec stores where the company is headquartered.

Comment

• Job No 354112710-001
              Description:To install (3) Fascia On-premises Sign (THE CABIN PUB + PARTY).
              Plan 7261AB Blk 16 Lots 26-27
              Applicant:PERMIT SOLUTIONS
              Create Date:2/5/2020 9:42:03 AM

Comment

• February 6, 2020
                To Change the Use from a Professional, Financial and Office Support Service to a Restaurant and expand an existing Restaurant to 99 seats & 201m2 of Public Space
                10181 - 104 STREET NW
                Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lot 167

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
                  Job No 354112710-001
                  Description:To install (3) Fascia On-premises Sign (THE CABIN PUB + PARTY).
                  Plan 7261AB Blk 16 Lots 26-27
                  Applicant:PERMIT SOLUTIONS
                  Create Date:2/5/2020 9:42:03 AM
                  So the bar formerly know as the Druid, will now be the bar formerly known as the Urban Tavern, now to be know as the Cabin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ustauk View Post

So the bar formerly know as the Druid, will now be the bar formerly known as the Urban Tavern, now to be know as the Cabin?
                    Confirmed, according to urban-tavern.com
                    Originally posted by urban-tavern.com
                    URBAN TAVERN IS NOW CLOSED
                    Please look for our new concept opening up in early March 2020

Comment

• Guru is now open in the Edmonton Tower.

https://twitter.com/IceDistrict/stat...28769614553089
                      www.decl.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Ustauk View Post

Confirmed, according to urban-tavern.com
                        I miss the Druid - rebranding was the worst mistake they made (now proven by this closure). A simple renovation while keeping it with an Irish pub theme would have been way better. Urban Tavern had zero character.

Comment

• Keep in mind that, since the Druid days, more competitors came on board to downtown and central core. When it first opened (pre-boom), it was relatively the only player along that paradigm..
                          " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
                            Guru is now open in the Edmonton Tower.

https://twitter.com/IceDistrict/stat...28769614553089
                            And has a much better interface with the street might I add.

Comment

Working...
                            X