No announcement yet.

Greater Downtown Retail | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How’s the market doing for turnouts in the new location? I kinda felt the way you guys do and thought it was a mistake to move it off 104th.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Comment

• The market was only in the new location for one weekend. As soon as they heard someone else was planning on setting up on 104 st, they skedaddled right back. It's still on 104 st.

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
        The market was only in the new location for one weekend. As soon as they heard someone else was planning on setting up on 104 st, they skedaddled right back. It's still on 104 st.
        They still do the market at the new location on Sundays.

Comment

• Hadn't heard that. Now, if they can just make the move and let someone else play downtown as well. It hardly seems fair that they're being subsidized on rent by the city while at the same time preventing other groups from using 104 street. One or the other guys.

Comment

• I believe Bottega is re-open. They had a mechanical problem (leak) that required opening up the ceiling.
            www.decl.org

Comment

• ^ yes they are. They were open on Saturday during the market
              "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Comment

• Posted on the entrance of Three Bananas Cafe at Churchill Square

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• The owner is on holidays.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• I went into Seven80 at Londonderry Mall, having seen their booth at the Open Streets festival yesterday. I was attracted by their selection of socks, ginches and shirts. I encouraged these young cats to open a permanent location in downtown.
                    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                      It’s not closing cause of lack of patrons... so fingers crossed it will be back sometime soon. Aren’t there still some empty pads in Brewery District that would be ideal for a RR?
                      It closed because First Capital wants to redevelop the site. They didn't renew the lease.

Comment

• Bingo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisD View Post
                          Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                          It’s not closing cause of lack of patrons... so fingers crossed it will be back sometime soon. Aren’t there still some empty pads in Brewery District that would be ideal for a RR?
                          It closed because First Capital wants to redevelop the site. They didn't renew the lease.
                          Well let's hope that work to build moves forward in a timely manner. It will be nice to see higher density here. I wonder where Red Robins is going to relocate?
                          LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• Comment

• The old Mac's store?
                              I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• Well that's kinda cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X