Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

Stantec looking for new headquarters, and that could mean building an office tower
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...808/story.html

Stantec is looking for about 300,000 square feet of space with flexibility to go up to 400,000 square feet although a developer may propose a larger building with room for other tenants.

By comparison, Epcor Tower, Edmonton’s newest office highrise building has 625,000 square feet of space.

Stantec’s other criteria include a minimum floor plate of 25,000 square feet, with adequate transit and transportation services, and amenities such as a daycare or fitness facility.

The location could be either downtown or suburban.

“At this point in time, we’re open to whatever proposals come along the way,” Shillington said.

Not high on Stantec’s requirements is flashy architecture, he added.

“Again, it’s going to depend on what comes back and what developers are prepared to do to meet our needs, but to be honest, are we looking for the iconic ‘wow?’,” he asked.

“That’s actually not Stantec. That’s not our culture.”
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Sounds very promising, they are a true hometown success story and hope they remain downtown. They should go in the Edmonton Arena District tower D

Comment

^ The initial design for Tower D definitely would fall in line with what they were saying about how the tower doesn't need to be ultra-flashy.

Considering the number of office tower developments currently in the works, there likely will be fierce competition for this one. I just pray to God that Stantec doesn't opt for a campus option.
      Last edited by ScottieA; 16-07-2013, 03:00 PM.
      Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

Agreed, 102 St Centre would be a lot more flashier, either way, the City can take a tower and they can take a tower, I don't care who goes where

Comment

Could be looking at 2-4 towers being built in the next 24-36 months.
          www.decl.org

Comment

The location could be either downtown or suburban.
            http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...808/story.html

Originally posted by ScottieA View Post
            I just pray to God that Stantec doesn't opt for a campus option.
            Agreed, i dont care what the tower looks like if a suburban style office is on the table, as long as the stay downtown (i know their one location west of 109th isnt exactly downtown, but still)

Comment

Loosing them from DT would be horrid.... but since they demand good alt transport options there are not many choices.

Please write Stantec and ask them to stay DT.

Manu II seems like the best immediate fit and a very strong contender.
              Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 16-07-2013, 04:29 PM.
              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Keeping options open is a good thing for the process, but I cannot see them leaving downtown/central Edmonton.

I hope they kick off tower D or AIMCO.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

It would be nice if they could stay in the downtown core. Although if their heart was set on moving out of the downtown, I wonder if they would be interested in setting up in a new campus style around the LRT NAIT station.
                  LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

thats ok.... not suburban in my eyes really
                    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Downtown, only downtown please.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

I'm speculating that the leading contenders are AED/Katz, AIMCo, Kelley Ramsey and Performing Arts/Stationlands
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

any headquarters has to be in downtown only because we need downtown growth.
                          Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Originally posted by jagators63 View Post
                            any headquarters has to be in downtown only because we need downtown growth.
                            Precisely!
                            The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
                            It's heaven and hell!

Comment

My guess, Arena tower...for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X