Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 baby...
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

So many unfinished, uncompleted, unrealized and unfunded projects that had things torn down with nothing put up in their place.... Le Sigh.

Hopefully Stantec builds something nice.

Comment

I believe the Servus building was demolished and turned into a parking lot in revenge for not getting the go-ahead from city hall.
        Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

^nope. Market went to hell... project stalled and he had the Devonian to lease.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

He expected to lease the entire building to the gov't I believe which didn't happen.
            "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

^not sure if that is correct to be honest. Either way, I suspect it will be a next phase in coming years.

Comment

It was a rumor that was kicked around...

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                  ^not sure if that is correct to be honest. Either way, I suspect it will be a next phase in coming years.
                  To be honest i hope the next phase is ressy.

I want Oliver to break through 20,000 people.

Comment

So based on what I'm reading on SSP (Ian's comments below), I'm assuming that 102 Street Centre was not successful, or they cut down on the number of storeys. They aparently went with someting that would be the new 3rd or 4th tallest tower.

Originally posted by Coldrsx
                    Nope. Wont be a new tallest, but will be a significant tower for the downtown core.
                    Originally posted by Coldrsx
                    Last edited by ScottieA; 29-11-2013, 10:06 AM.
                    Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

• Originally posted by IanO View Post
                      That was correct.

Made a HUGE mistake by not going for some sort of "green" certification on the retrofit. Cost them their target tenant
                      Over promise and under deliver. It’s the most Edmonton thing you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                        He expected to lease the entire building to the gov't I believe which didn't happen.
                        That's what I've heard. And the reason I've heard the gov't didn't choose them was over LEED requirements.... Ooops.
                        A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanO View Post
                          That is correct. I have a friend who was high up in Alberta Infrastructure at the time who told me about it.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
                            Originally posted by IanO View Post
                            That is correct. I have a friend who was high up in Alberta Infrastructure at the time who told me about it.
                            Musing...could be an excuse because "they" wanted to really be elsewhere...

Comment

• Heard they are down to 3 locations, all downtown. Announcement in about a month.

arena tower 2?
                              102st?
                              EDAAC?

Comment

• hoping for 102st, but expecting arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X