No announcement yet.

Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^showing off prudent design decisions that still accomplish great design/look is what great consultants do.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Stantec is more about community integration and sustainability than it is about being flashy.

They wouldn't move into a windowless bunker not just because it would be horrid for the staff but because it would be horrid for the area they move into. That type of design would harm the area.

I think they are simply being holistic about the whole thing.
      Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 17-07-2013, 11:19 AM.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
        ^showing off prudent design decisions that still accomplish great design/look is what great consultants do.
        ^ +1

That said, would like to see 102 Centre win out here.

Comment

Hub-bub around the arena district aside - there are some big holes (said in all meanings of the word) still to be filled on or near Jasper Ave.

Some, right on LRT stops ...

Just sayin'
          ... gobsmacked

Comment

^I really would love one new tower on Jasper for excitement and energy.

Comment

Bp lands please!
              "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

With a Tenant and ask as large of this could an office tower on 109 and Jasper over teh LRT tracks now be viable?!

Comment

^short answer, no, longer answer, noo.

Comment

so that's a no?

Comment

The only area of Jasper and 109 that could handle an office tower is Canterra Centre, and that probably won't be redeveloped for a very long time.

We are destined to have the neutered Mayfair North on that lot.
                      Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

There's the Melcor lot next to RBC.

Procura had some tower proposals on Jasper Ave (Hotel Mac park, theatre/Hat lot)...but given the turds they're crapping out lately, I hope they sell their lands and leave town.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

The timing of Stantec's leases expiring and the timelines to build a tower in the Arena district seem to be quite close. I would bet on that AED Tower unless something else comes out of the woodwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                            There's the Melcor lot next to RBC.

Procura had some tower proposals on Jasper Ave (Hotel Mac park, theatre/Hat lot)...but given the turds they're crapping out lately, I hope they sell their lands and leave town.
                            Don't discount either.

Comment

Maybe they will occupy something new on Gateway boulevard or similar? While Stantec are one of the few who have stayed downtown, it wouldn't surprise me to see them move closer to PCL and other construction companies. I hope they stay downtown, but suburban might be cheaper.

Comment

I wonder if having a company in direct competition like Jacobs in town with their name on an office tower will make Stantec lean towards the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X