'Hendrix' (9749 – 111 St) - 29 storeys-95m- Residential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IanO View Post
    Updated Render with more glazing and pocket park for the community.
    Since it appears several members have now commented on your referenced "pocket park", that area is less than half of the backyard of the heritage building lot. More to the point, cross 97ave, just a few steps away, and you have a rather ginormous park (spanning 110st-111 streets).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Originally posted by IanO View Post
      Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Unit sizes go from around 380sqft studios to 2 and 3 bedroom units, townhouses will be around 1200sqft.

The developer was open and honest about the project, its intentions and their desire to ensure that they address a lot of little details to make the project as good as it can be.
      Nice shoe-box size there! Do you have the sizes for other unit types? How many 2 and 3 bedrooms? What's the allotment per floor.

Open and honest you say! Same question to you in your proxy role - your "open & honest" proxy role: "Are you aware if the developer has changed the design/intent in regards to concerns raised by "the community"?"
      Great mix from 380ish to larger 2 and 3 bdrms along with 1200 sqft townhouses.
      "Great mix" doesn't say anything - if you know the mix, please advise. Particularly in the context of families, just how many 3 bedrooms in the proposal (separate from townhouses)?
      I don't recall all of the units and sizes, but it was a very good mix... maybe the best I have seen.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Since it appears several members have now commented on your referenced "pocket park", that area is less than half of the backyard of the heritage building lot. More to the point, cross 97ave, just a few steps away, and you have a rather ginormous park (spanning 110st-111 streets).
        Holy **** are developers damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Comment

Much of his family lives here full or part time and they plan to open up an office here.
          So - I take that as a NO. This developer will not be moving from Vancouver to Edmonton. This developer will be foisting his "gem" upon the city from afar!

Comment

Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
            Well said! Im not a downtown booster, but want it to grow. The city as a whole needs responsible growth an densification period!
            What's your personal definition of "responsible growth"? One where the developer comes in and builds whatever it wants without regard to impacts on the adjacent community?
            Impacts, you mean positive ones on the whole?
            Right. So long as, in your personal estimation, from someone not living in proximity to the proposal, your positive outweighs any negatives!
            I live down the street from it and while not in the immediate area, I am well aware of Grandin's situation thank you very much.

Comment

Much of his family lives here full or part time and they plan to open up an office here.
              So - I take that as a NO. This developer will not be moving from Vancouver to Edmonton. This developer will be foisting his "gem" upon the city from afar!
              You are a real special type of person aren't you.

Comment

Holy **** are developers damned if they do and damned if they don't.
                The point was there's a massive park right across the street. The "pocket" doesn't offer anything to the community. Now, if that pocket was actually turned into a retail community offering, something the developer appears steadfast in not providing at the street-level (counter to the ARP), then that would be something new.

Comment

• A publicly accessible pocket park 'offers nothing'... uh huh

Comment

You are a real special type of person aren't you.
                    What? You danced around the question, so I answered it for you.

Comment

A publicly accessible pocket park 'offers nothing'... uh huh
                      What does it offer the community? Again, the park across the street is a thousand pockets larger. And, of course, there's an even larger park just down the street in the opposite direction.

But, again, no retail offerings at ground level - counter to the ARP. Just sayin.

Comment

I live down the street from it and while not in the immediate area, I am well aware of Grandin's situation thank you very much.
                        You live no where near the proposal site - go shine someone else on.

Comment

• The John T. Ross House will be commercial office.

Comment

I live on the same avenue 6 blocks east, but know the area very well as many friends live in and around it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottieA View Post
                              Originally posted by ScottieA View Post
                              I've been quite impressed by the lengths that Edgar Development has gone to reach out to the community with this development.
                              What lengths are you speaking to - the lengths you're quite impressed by? I'm aware of a standard Dog&Pony meeting that was ostensibly a means for the developer to advertise - funny how the media showed up, right?

What lengths? Are you aware if the developer has changed the design/intent in regards to concerns raised by "the community"?
                              Dog and pony show? Ha! Thanks for my morning laugh, I needed it to wake up.

Said meeting was not out of the norm for any sort of community engagement event regarding a project such as this. Developer went to the community with their proposal and said "here is what we're proposing for your neighbourhood and welcome your feedback into some potential improvements". There is no conceivable scenario where a company would turn their design over to a community and let them completely savage it to the point where the initial intent is lost.
                              You're not answering the question put to you. Since you claim to be impressed, again, what improvements have been made in response to community feedback?

Comment

I live on the same avenue 6 blocks east, but know the area very well as many friends live in and around it.
                                I know exactly where you live - since you've spoken of it and provided pictures of it, ad nauseum, through even the limited amount of time I've spent on this board. Don't let that ever stop you from posturing as if you live adjacent to the proposal, as if you would be personally affected and impacted by the proposl.

Comment

Working...
                                X