Strathearn Heights Development restarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strathearn Heights Development restarted

ADMIN EDIT - this came from the old Strathern Plan thread. Since it is now back in the spotlight, a new thread is in order.

Back in business...

*I should note that I was formally asked to provide these by the Nearctic Group.

(http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...psccf8dae4.png)

(https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...e20-NqlK6wR-zA)
    Last edited by IanO; 19-02-2013, 10:56 AM.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

When this actually begins, i hope they start the project at the spot closest to the lrt station

Comment

In addition to the Strathearn redevelopment, I know of another major project that is being planned for that area. Really exciting stuff, but sadly I cannot divulge any info.
      Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

The scuttlebutt around the SE is that the Holyrood infill on 85st is rolling again.

Comment

I see they're planning on increasing the height of the towers to accomodate more units. I can't see Strathearn residents being to thrilled with that, especially when considering how much they fought this project when it was before council
          Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Comment

Originally posted by ajs View Post
            The scuttlebutt around the SE is that the Holyrood infill on 85st is rolling again.
            I hope so. That strip needs some serious updating. I emailed Westcorp a while back and begged them not to make it ugly. There last proposal was bland as can be. Make it modern and bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Montrosian View Post
              I see they're planning on increasing the height of the towers to accomodate more units. I can't see Strathearn residents being to thrilled with that, especially when considering how much they fought this project when it was before council
              Both increases and decreases... Very minor at that.

Comment

Looks like two decreases and 5 increases from that invitation.
                Don't feed the trolls!

Comment

Net 4.5 storeys total over the whole development... minor.

Comment

These towers will obstruct our view of downtown (we're in Holyrood), but I don't care. I can't wait for this development to get going. It's going to do so much for the area.

Comment

At the meeting you will also get a first look at the design for the new community hall.

Comment

The massing looks great to me.
                        "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Just have to make sure Ralph's sticks around just for their chicken. :P

Comment

Reminder that the open house is tonight.

Comment

Just back from the Strathearn open house, very well presented and the urban design/architectural concept drawings are some of the best I have seen if not the best in Edmonton... and on par Tor/Van. Very modern boxy/extruded box, but equally creative and well though out.

Using Neuf from Montreal

http://www.neufarchitectes.com

Sorry, no photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X