No announcement yet.

Holyrood Gardens | Residential | Proposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of the old townhouses have been torn down.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
      Originally posted by bleppers View Post
      Originally posted by nobleea View Post
      Originally posted by bleppers View Post
      Now that a hasty demolition has been completed to reduce their property tax bill,
      Honest question - does this actually happen? Any time I've demo'd a tear down house in a mature neighbourhood, the property value has stayed the same or gone up. I could see it happening way out in the burbs, but not in the MNO. Maybe downtown where a multistory building is knocked down, but that hasn't happened in a long time.
      ... except BMO building, which happenned last year.
      Except the valuation didn't change, just like it didn't change for the lot that is to become the Emerald.

Did they tear the buildings down? Sure, as is their prerogative. Did they do it to skirt the taxes? Doesn't appear so, at all, in the slightest.
      So the assessed value of the lot as a dirt lot is the same as the assessed value of the lot with a 5 storey bank building on it?

And if there wasn’t a financial incentive why the maniacal rush to demolish the building (which will in every way be of vastly superior quality to whatever turd they build to replace it)?

Comment

• All the buildings on the south half of this lot are gone. A few foundations remain which I assume get torn out when excavation is done. The area is fenced off
        I'm guessing nothing happens on it til next summer.

Comment

• There's a fairly large hole being dug on the SE corner of this property. I guess it could be for this development, but it seems to be more related to the LRT construction, though I can't figure out in what way.
          There is also a couple pile auger machines on site.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobleea View Post
            There's a fairly large hole being dug on the SE corner of this property. I guess it could be for this development, but it seems to be more related to the LRT construction, though I can't figure out in what way.
            There is also a couple pile auger machines on site.
            Looks like they are drilling for piles now for the south tower on this development. Guess that tower is going up first.

Comment

• Pagnotta sign up on site now. Big pile of dirt is gone and they look to be getting ready to start in earnest in the spring.

Comment

• Looks like they're going to excavate everything from 90 to 93 ave. steady stream of dump trucks going/leaving the site every day of the week. They're about 2/3 done the excavation already. Probably the biggest residential project underway in Edmonton right now.

Comment

• Well this will definitely add a whole lot more density to this area. I'm glad that it appears that construction is not completely affected by the pandemic right now.
                  LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• So what plans are they working with now? There have been so many that it’s hard to remember which one they’re currently on.

Comment

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                      So what plans are they working with now? There have been so many that it’s hard to remember which one they’re currently on.
                      https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/d...-redevelopment

Pretty sure this is the correct one. The form and massing are ok, but the punched windows will probably be done poorly, and the splashes of bright stucco colours look hideous.

Comment

• As mentioned elsewhere, the crane is up on the SW corner of this development now.

Comment

• The area is so much cleaner with these unkept buildings gone!!
                          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Working...
                          X