No announcement yet.

Encore | Residential Tower | Under Construction| 43 floors - 138m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emphasis to that is the eyesore abuts the the most expensive collections in that build- the penthouses.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• If its bad enough, the developer can adjust things later. The Pearl had its equipment room reprinted after the orange made it look like a button on top of an otherwise great building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ustauk View Post
        If its bad enough, the developer can adjust things later. The Pearl had its equipment room reprinted after the orange made it look like a button on top of an otherwise great building.
        That orange was just a primer and was never meant to be permanent.
        I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spudly View Post

That orange was just a primer and was never meant to be permanent.
          I'd say otherwise....it was always "orange" in all their renders

https://www.epicglass.ca/casestudy_5.html

Comment

• The orange/red was not a primer unless they were going for pink salmon roof top; in order for that penthouse to be white with that primer, you would have to applied 100 coats over it...

Comment

• Originally posted by B.ike View Post

I'd say otherwise....it was always "orange" in all their renders
              That was their Halloween-Forever phase...
              I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• The original orange of the Pearl equipment room was meant to evoke the smoke stack on an ocean liner. What works on a horizontal ship didn't work so well when translated to a vertical building, so it had to be changed.

Comment

• From my perspective, it was not the colour that caused a failure with that attempt. The designer threw in a colour that did not correlate with any of the tower's pallets. If the podium had that red, it would have been fine.

Comment

• I can't imagine that's going to be the permanent design.
                    I will beat the dead horse back to life.

Comment

• From my perspective, it was not the colour that caused a failure with that attempt. The designer threw in a colour that did not correlate with any of the tower's pallets. If the finished podium had that red, it would have been fine. The render showed correlation between podium and top, but the final execution did not turned out that way.

Comment

• February 27, 2020
                        Approved
                        To increase the number of Dwelling units from 179 to 196 (adding 17 Dwelling units), and to change the Use from Professional, Financial and Office Support Services Use to 17 Dwelling units on the loft floor within the podium, and to construct exterior and interior alterations to an existing mixed-use development of Multi-unit Housing and main floor General Retail Uses (This is a revision to Development Permit numbers 134240188-001, 134240188-003, 134240188-005, 134240188-012, 134240188-027 and 134240188-031). (Encore Condominiums)
                        10180 - 103 STREET NW
                        Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lots 209-210

Comment

Working...
                        X