CX on 110 | Residential | Proposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX on 110 | Residential | Proposed

I attended the EDC meeting tonight. They are open to the public. There was a pre-consultation for a residential tower at 10016 to 10024 110 Street. It was designed by CW Tse Architects and ISL Engineering and Landscape Architecture. It was not bad.

The Committee allows the proponent (Mr. Tse) to give a detailed explanation of the project, and then they offer their concerns, suggestion and request specific information for the Formal Presentation.

I won't post a picture of the proposal because it is a first shot. It is a pretty good one. Best proposal Edmonton has seen yet. The EDC acted quite good about it. They still persisted for improvements to the curtain wall (yes there is one!). They are concerned about the pedestrian experience and want detailed drawings of the landscaping from eye level. They would like to consider refinements that would improve elegance. They made snide remarks about stucco.

It is 14 floors, 68 units, and all parking is underground.
    terraces back at the 2nd, 7th, 12th 13,th, 14th, and elevator room.
    light green curtain wall and windows, custom windows, multiple landscaped terraces, huge front court yard, not a square, 2 floor podium for commercial or work live, public art provision, great plantings, enhanced sidewalk treatment, lots of trelises around the forecourt. 360 degree architecture too!

Lets follow this one and see what happens...

That sounds like a pretty great start, I would love to be able to see a rendering if possible.
    Could you keep us updated on when EDC meetings are going to be held and possibly the agenda for those of us who want to attend?

Comment

EDC info is here:
      http://www.edmonton.ca/portal/server...+Committee.htm

they have a schedule posted...they meet at 4:30 PM every second Monday, in various rooms of City Hall. (Location is variable)

Comment

No meetings are listed for March and beyond.

Comment

click on http://www.edmonton.ca/PermitsLicenc...lendar2007.pdf

Manually it is as follows:
          from the EDC page:

Scroll down, click on "Additional Information"

click on: "Agendas and Minutes"

click on: "Calendar 2007"

Comment

photo of building site and foot-print:

Comment

ChrisD, is this those houses you were talking about over drinks last week?

Comment

Originally posted by LindseyT
                ChrisD, is this those houses you were talking about over drinks last week?
                Yes.

I was also wondering where along 112 Street south of Jasper the 'Essence' project is to be located.

Comment

great site...love 110st.

now what about jasper and 110?

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

When you look at that picture that will be a good location. Just to go off topic for a second though, I would love to see something more interesting than parking lots on 109th between Jasper and 100th Ave.
                    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmcowboy11
                      When you look at that picture that will be a good location. Just to go off topic for a second though, I would love to see something more interesting than parking lots on 109th between Jasper and 100th Ave.
                      id like to see mixed use up the ying yang there...

modern duplicate of Assoc. plaza and a condo tower south of it.

2 level street front retail with restaus overlooking 109st.

Comment

I've never attended a meeting of the EDC so I really shouldn't comment about their meetings, but in Citysource's original post there was this line: " They made snide remarks about stucco. "
                        I sure hope that this wasn't the case.
                        If I were a developer and a city's design commitee made snide remarks about any aspect of my development I would seriously reconsider doing business in that city.
                        If members of the EDC are making snide, rude or any kind of non-constructive criticisms of proposals they should be immediately removed from the commitee.
                        The non-business like attitude and behavior of Edmonton's city administartion has been a consistent liability working against Edmonton's development.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph60
                          I've never attended a meeting of the EDC so I really shouldn't comment about their meetings, but in Citysource's original post there was this line: " They made snide remarks about stucco. "
                          I sure hope that this wasn't the case.
                          If I were a developer and a city's design commitee made snide remarks about any aspect of my development I would seriously reconsider doing business in that city.
                          If members of the EDC are making snide, rude or any kind of non-constructive criticisms of proposals they should be immediately removed from the commitee.
                          The non-business like attitude and behavior of Edmonton's city administartion has been a consistent liability working against Edmonton's development.

agreed...and while i hate stucco, i hate nonconstructive criticism. We need to make developers change their ways, not kick em out....well....maybe

Comment

Personally, I think bare concrete looks better than stucco. I agree, however, that snide remarks are entirely unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by travis
                              Personally, I think bare concrete looks better than stucco. I agree, however, that snide remarks are entirely unacceptable.

thats the thing about Edmonton, we have this thing where we have do more than keeping it simple and in doing so, wreck it.

bare or painted concrete is simple, quick, relatively cheap, and it LOOKS GOOD if the other parts are done right.

oh Edmonton...if you were to build a car, it would be the "HOMER"

Comment

Working...
                              X