City Centre Mall | Renovation |

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post

Yup its a crock of **** as both my mom and my girlfrend are losing their jobs 2020 has been a **** show of a start so far for us
    it will be absolutely zero consolation to anyone at this point but i've been exactly there on numerous occasions and every time that **** show of a start turned into something better. i hope that turns out to be the case for your mom and your girlfriend sooner rather than later.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by kcantor View Post

it will be absolutely zero consolation to anyone at this point but i've been exactly there on numerous occasions and every time that **** show of a start turned into something better. i hope that turns out to be the case for your mom and your girlfriend sooner rather than later.
      Thanks man it seems no one gives 2 craps if you worked for a company for 13+ years anymore and with the job market being the **** show that it is no thanks to the United Cancel Party's ******** ways i really hope both my mom and gf can find work

Comment

• Originally posted by B.ike View Post
        https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/all-ca...eeks-1.4778542

well one less reason for me to go to this mall...
        I hope we are not just left with having to get most things on line - the experience can be hellish.

I just spent over an hour trying to find something on line that used to be carried in the physical store when the company I was dealing with still had them. It turns out, they no longer have that item, but another company does. Unfortunately, it is not over $50 so does not qualify for free shipping. When companies used to have real stores, you could go there and not have to pay for shipping.

Oh that and wait for the shipped items to show up, you never know exactly when, so you have to sit around waiting for it. Iems I recently ordered came a day later than indicated and no they do not deliver to the nearest postal outlet. I have also noticed the prices are not always much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.ike View Post
          https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/all-ca...eeks-1.4778542

well one less reason for me to go to this mall...
          I hope we are not just left with having to get most things on line - the experience can be hellish.

I just spent over an hour trying to find something on line that used to be carried in the physical store when the company I was dealing with still had them. It turns out, they no longer have that item, but another company does. Unfortunately, it is not over $50 so does not qualify for free shipping. When companies used to have real stores, you could go there and not have to pay for shipping.

Oh that and wait for the shipped items to show up, you never know exactly when, so you have to sit around waiting for it. Items I recently ordered came a day later than indicated and no they do not deliver to the nearest postal outlet. I have also noticed the prices are not always much better.

Comment

• I should mention that the Cocoa's lounge space has re-opened as "District 102" (I think?). The space looks very nice, and very much refreshed and modern. I notice they even have a couple of pool tables, and an attached coffee shop. If anyone goes, let me know if it's worth checking out.
            “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

• GNC has vacated the mall.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesL View Post
                I should mention that the Cocoa's lounge space has re-opened as "District 102" (I think?). The space looks very nice, and very much refreshed and modern. I notice they even have a couple of pool tables, and an attached coffee shop. If anyone goes, let me know if it's worth checking out.
                I tried it the other evening and was pleasantly surprised. All local beer taps, decent food, and shuffleboard! They also have xbox and pool table was being used consistently since it is free. Interested to check out the cafe, since they serve Phil & Sebastian. Cudos to Delta for actually trying, it's a good addition to the mall.
                www.decl.org

Comment

• I went to yes... District 102 last week with some friends. The space is very nice. Understandably being new the service left much room for improvement. The drink menu looks interesting! I believe that the restaurant is no longer affiliated with the Delta though. All in all a good experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X