Manning Town Centre - 153 Ave and Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning Town Centre - 153 Ave and Manning

Cameron developments has updated the site Map of Manning Town Centre.

The known ones are the Lowe's and Empire Theaters and now I see there is a Home Sense and a Marshall's (US version of Winners; both are owned by the same company).

Does anyone have any insight in to what else is "pending" (according to the site map)

Also interesting is the development across 153 Ave to the south. They are moving a lot of earth there. Any ideas what will go there?

I hope they leave room for an interchange at at 153rd and Manning

Comment

I hope they leave room for an LRT stop right in the middle of this. But they won't.
      "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

I wonder if TARGET is interested in the space north of Lowes. I know they have announced which Zellers they are taking over but I wonder if they have any additional locations that would be just brand new stores?
        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
          I hope they leave room for an LRT stop right in the middle of this. But they won't.
          The LRT for "Gorman Station" is planned for just east of this. (basically where Victoria trail ends now at 153 Ave). They were planning to use the CN right of way up from Clareview. I don't know where this project is at now though...

Comment

^Which is dumb. It should split off and stop right in the middle of the biggest shopping zone in N Edmonton. Planning mega-fail, regardless of ROW or not.
            "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by lotuni View Post
              The LRT for "Gorman Station" is planned for just east of this. (basically where Victoria trail ends now at 153 Ave). They were planning to use the CN right of way up from Clareview. I don't know where this project is at now though...
              Funds for that portion were redirected to the NLRT extension to Nait
              Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Comment

Oh good. Another power center. This kind of crap is what hurts downtown and this city in general. Great job, City of Edmonton. Keep churning out the crap and pretending a silver bullet development will make up for a long history of kowtowing to the worst instincts of the development industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex Mentallo View Post
                  Oh good. Another power center. This kind of crap is what hurts downtown and this city in general. Great job, City of Edmonton. Keep churning out the crap and pretending a silver bullet development will make up for a long history of kowtowing to the worst instincts of the development industry.
                  I agree. This area is already well saturated with poorly planned retail developments.
                  Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Comment

Does this mean they will shut down the theatre right beside the CV train station?
                    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Originally posted by KingswayGuy View Post
                      I agree. This area is already well saturated with poorly planned retail developments.
                      No kidding. North Edmonton needs better retail, but not like this. Also expect a full complement of crappy chain restaurants. This will be a perfectly sanitary suburban parking lot full of barf.

Comment

Originally posted by KingswayGuy View Post
                        No kidding. North Edmonton needs better retail, but not like this. Also expect a full complement of crappy chain restaurants. This will be a perfectly sanitary suburban parking lot full of barf.
                        I think a good motto for the development would be "Business as Usual"

Comment

As much as you hippies think everybody should be shopping downtown, a lot of people on that end of the city will be very happy with this new shopping area. I think sometimes people on this forum just like to complain about everything. What exactly would turn a "crappy power centre" into something acceptable for you experts?

Comment

I would ask why is there a need for this power center? 137 Ave/50 St is already a suburban megastore "paradise".
                            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                              As much as you hippies think everybody should be shopping downtown, a lot of people on that end of the city will be very happy with this new shopping area.
                              Yes. I am a total hippy.

Also, you are right. There are a lot of people who will love that. More driveable convenience.

We should stop servicing these people. Let them move into the outlying parasite communities and leave the financing of services etc... to their insufficiently dense lifestyle the problem of those places.

I think sometimes people on this forum just like to complain about everything. What exactly would turn a "crappy power centre" into something acceptable for you experts?
                              Nothing. It is by its very nature an abomination to sustainable urban development and a vibrant urban core.

Comment

Working...
                              X