X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mnugent View Post
    Hmm, now something like this with a bit more sidewalk space obviously

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetting...n/photostream/
    Yup that would look good at that corner.
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

• These would never get built... it has to be faux old in this area (I believe)... but I agree I would love to see something more mod.
      "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

• ^^^ The lot is only big enough for about a third of that anyway.

But yes, needs to respect the historical character. Lots of ways to do that, mind you ...
        ... gobsmacked

Comment

• Can we stop with spamming every single thread about brownfield redevelopment with pictures of what could/should be built there? Pretty please? It's getting really old.

C2E is often reduced to a forum about pictures of stuff Edmonton doesn't have.

/rant
          "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

• ^That lot is a lot bigger than one thinks - it's half a city block long! Same as the Don Weaton sales centre. A reeeeal wild card this lot is going to be, and hot with the community on the "back to the drawing board" button.
            Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

• I was actually surprised to see a SIGN. Thought talk around town was that someone was just going to call up Esso and make this go through, but I mean... one probably has to shop around for someone with a couple million just kicking around.
              Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                Can we stop with spamming every single thread about brownfield redevelopment with pictures of what could/should be built there? Pretty please? It's getting really old.

/rant
                Yeah, who needs or wants inspiration right. Jesus

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Originally posted by IanO View Post
                  Yeah, who needs or wants inspiration right. Jesus
                  C2E needs more abrasive dictatorial rants.
                  I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                    Can we stop with spamming every single thread about brownfield redevelopment with pictures of what could/should be built there? Pretty please? It's getting really old.

/rant
                    What a ridiculous post. Stop envisioning what we could turn a brownfield site into? So are we only allowed to talk about rumours and post old pictures? What if I describe something and it paints a picture in your head...is this acceptable?

But thanks, anonymous poster, I'll definitely take your pet peeves into consideration.

------------------

Another thing that I might want to see is some sort of courtyard restaurant in the middle surrounded by retail on the sides.
                    Go down a few dark alleys.

Comment

• First etownboarder try's to stop us posting about a building and now chmilz does pretty much the same thing placing bets they are the same person?

Comment

• Really darkmagnoblade? They're clearly not the same person.
                        They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

• And how would you know that?

Comment

• ^ Get over yourself. Constructive conversation is what C2E is all about. BS posts saying nothing more than "I am right, you're wrong" over and over and over again add nothing to the conversation/debate.

Time to use the good old block feature me thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkmagnoblade View Post
                              And how would you know that?
                              How about because C2E is a community, and many if us have met in person and continue to have constructive discussions and debates. Back off.

Comment

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                                Originally posted by darkmagnoblade View Post
                                And how would you know that?
                                How about because C2E is a community, and many if us have met in person and continue to have constructive discussions and debates. Back off.
                                Oh so you think your clearly better then us and we cant have our own threads or post what we want doesn't work like that bucko.

Comment

Working...
                                X