West Edmonton Mall | Renovations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanO View Post
    Classing it up would be to bring back Planet Hollywood, more brass, and putting the exotic birds back.
    Now that's Funny! Yeah, it always did seem like they'd hired Jethro Bodine's design company when the built the place.

A few things on my wish list:
    - get rid of the carnival midway feel
    - repaint the IMAX / movie theatre exterior to more upscale colours (again - they too have a carnival look to them)
    - roof over the mall entryways to reduce the amount of snow and dirt that gets tracked in
    - drain the "cement pond", remove he ship and pond and turn the whole space into a large forest or tropical-like restaurant(s) with walking paths among the tables
    - somehow redo all the fake purple and blue and coloured rocks to look a lot nicer
    - clean up the water with their cracked marble floors and maybe add back a few of the fountains.

If I'd had my say years ago, I'd have redone the mall area around the hotel and maybe the whole sector floor around the pond to look a lot like the concourse mall at the Jasper Park Lodge - carpet and all. But then I'd have never in my life thought of having 'theme' rooms in a hotel. I guess they knew their market.

Comment

[QUOTE=darrellinyvr;344294]
      Originally posted by IanO View Post
      Plans released!!!

You are S******G us correct? That thing looks like something out of Epcot Centre.
      .... google 'Christmas in Wonderland"

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Renos have started already at the northwest entrance by Golds Gym. New railings along with thicker glass and bulkhead treatment are in place.

Comment

The Ship needs to be used better thats for sure. I would hate to see it go though. But right now its way under utilized
          youtube.com/BrothersGrim
          facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Originally posted by darrell yvr View Post
            Originally posted by PIanO View Post
            You are S******G us correct? That thing looks like something out of Epcot Centre.
            Viva Las Vegas. Was the architect pi$$ed who designed that. It looks like Rome meets New York meets Disney World meets a glass company meets disaster.
            Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade View Post
              The Ship needs to be used better thats for sure. I would hate to see it go though. But right now its way under utilized
              I always thought "shipwrecking" it and using it as part of a restaurant (kind of like the above post with the jungle theme) would be awesome.

Those pirate ship dining/adventures you can do in many tropical tourist zones like Cancun and the Bahamas are in high demand. Why not do something similar in West Ed, but slightly alter the theme?
              "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

they should make a Canadian experience and have igloos and teepees

Comment

^^They would not even have to retro-fit it with a kitchen. Use the ship for a coffee and cake stop. There is only one good coffee shop in WEM (Tim Horton's) and that is usually packed. I'm not saying the ship should sell Timmies but maybe another coffee place could take over.

Comment

there's no starbucks? :O

i heard nestle cafe is expanding into Canada - I imagine WEM will get the first location in Canada eh

http://www.nestlecafe.com/

Comment

There is also 2 starbucks in the mall and a cafe sorrentino and cafe levi...

Comment

Who wants to invest in my new WEM coffeeshop, Yar!Bucks, to be located in the pirate ship?
                        "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

^'YarBucks' as in Buchcaners, very clever play on words. I'll be thar me hardy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                            Who wants to invest in my new WEM coffeeshop, Yar!Bucks, to be located in the pirate ship?
                            Love it, I want in!
                            I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                              Hahahahah

That would be cool
                              youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                              facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

GREAT IDEA!!, except the name needs changing.

Comment

Working...
                                X