West Edmonton Mall | Renovations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Yes because like we need more vape shops.....
    And let's not forget the need for more jewellery stores. There are at least 7 between the Bay & phase 1 food court.
    If at first you don't succeed,sky diving may not be the sport for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99Miata View Post

And let's not forget the need for more jewelry stores. There are at least 7 between the Bay & phase 1 food court.
      bruh that's been like that since that phase of the mall was open

Comment

• Lammes and Open Road have moved out of phase one ahead of Mayfield Toyota taking over the north section of the lower level. DeSeres is having sale so I imagine they'll be shutting soon.
        Lammes moved into the old Frank and Oak location next to the Disney Store by Go Kart Track that seems to be taking a hell of long time to open.
        Open Road the biker store is over the by the Sea Lions next Aleppo Spa.

Comment

• Well holy crap- both the candy store near the bus stop entrance and Bubble & Gum have closed. I suspected something with their 25% off sale, but didn't think it would be so soon. Looks like Dark Magnus quit that show ages ago, but I'm a tad disappointed. B&G had one of the best facades of any store in the mall, but it was kind of disappointing inside- the same stuff the other stores had, only less of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabroniville View Post
            Well holy crap- both the candy store near the bus stop entrance and Bubble & Gum have closed. I suspected something with their 25% off sale, but didn't think it would be so soon. Looks like Dark Magnus quit that show ages ago, but I'm a tad disappointed. B&G had one of the best facades of any store in the mall, but it was kind of disappointing inside- the same stuff the other stores had, only less of it.
            my heart is filled with joy that both have been closed now only to get the other one shut down and no that pink ******** looked like a god damned eyesore inbetween the other stores im surpised vans and others didnt ***** to force them to change

Comment

my heart is filled with joy that both have been closed now only to get the other one shut down and no that pink ******** looked like a god damned eyesore inbetween the other stores im surpised vans and others didnt ***** to force them to change
              Now I wanna know what else you hated about them, lol. You said that all three shops were owned by the same people. I used to love the one candy store (the only one that used to exist in the mall), but as prices for everything went up, I stopped wanting to get $20-30 worth of candy- I used to make multiple trips a year, and now I was lucky to even go once.

I thought the facade was interesting- I mean, at least it was different than the same "White Squares" look every other store has these days- effort was put into it. And "gaudy and weird" kind of works for candy or toy stores, I feel.

Comment

Now I wanna know what else you hated about them, lol. You said that all three shops were owned by the same people. I used to love the one candy store (the only one that used to exist in the mall), but as prices for everything went up, I stopped wanting to get $20-30 worth of candy- I used to make multiple trips a year, and now I was lucky to even go once.

I thought the facade was interesting- I mean, at least it was different than the same "White Squares" look every other store has these days- effort was put into it. And "gaudy and weird" kind of works for candy or toy stores, I feel.
                Hmm, let us see where to begin.... They ***** at us for not being trained properly yet fail to train us at all, to begin with, or make a half-assed attempt trying, was told to lie to customers about the other 2 locations not being ours and telling them we would be going to our "storeroom" to find a product for them. Selling expired candy/drinks we were to be the store that had "no other candy ever seen in Canada' that was a ******** lie from the start as 90% of what we had was at any other store if you looked management would belittle us in front of others to "set an example" the list goes on and on from there

Comment

Hmm, let us see where to begin.... They ***** at us for not being trained properly yet fail to train us at all, to begin with, or make a half-assed attempt trying, was told to lie to customers about the other 2 locations not being ours and telling them we would be going to our "storeroom" to find a product for them. Selling expired candy/drinks we were to be the store that had "no other candy ever seen in Canada' that was a ******** lie from the start as 90% of what we had was at any other store if you looked management would belittle us in front of others to "set an example" the list goes on and on from there

Comment

• test?

Comment

• Hmm, let us see where to begin.... They ***** at us for not being trained properly yet fail to train us at all, to begin with, or make a half-assed attempt trying, was told to lie to customers about the other 2 locations not being ours and telling them we would be going to our "storeroom" to find a product for them. Selling expired candy/drinks we were to be the store that had "no other candy ever seen in Canada' that was a ******** lie from the start as 90% of what we had was at any other store if you looked management would belittle us in front of others to "set an example" the list goes on and on from there

Comment

Candy Candy by the Water Park is open.

Comment

• Fig Tree, the Christian book store that moved from phase one to the old Collectors Edge location just before Covid is horded up.

Comment

• Originally posted by mAD~mOD View Post
                            Fig Tree, the Christian book store that moved from phase one to the old Collectors Edge location just before Covid is horded up.
                            Yeah they were moving back to where Carlton cards used to be no idea why they moved them all the way down to phase 4 like that though

Comment

• It looks like Famoso WEM is closing its doors permanently. I always enjoyed that location, more so for the convenience than the location but it will be missed regardless.

Comment

• Looks like the mall is getting a new entrance inside were Bombay was. The entire space is gutted and there is a new set of external doors with the standard Entrance 16 signage. Thinking that entrance 22 will eventually be boarded up to expand the Mayfield Toyota renovations. The Just For Lovers has also closed and been gutted as part of the project.

Comment

Working...
                                X