Londonderry Mall | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Londonderry Mall | Discussion

Last week, The Bay had an Grand Reopening Ad in the Journal for the Londonderry branch, has anyone checked it out? Could it be a catalyst for some possible reno's in the mall? , Londonderry was pretty stale last time I was there, especially with Kingsway just finishing a major redo.

I live down the street from Londonderry but can't for the life of me recall ever actually buying anything while in there. I pick up concert tickets I've ordered at their Ticketmaster outlet, and ship the occasional thing for work at the Canada Post booth in the Shoppers.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Nice mall but needs an upgrade and more stores.

It is getting dated.

Comment

Well it's a bit dated but it is still looking ok. I'd shop there but I live on the other end of the city.
        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Pretty weak mall indeed... if i were them i would work to incorporate a tower of seniors and a tower of market housing (be it apartment or condo) and create a direct market for your mall. Then work on attracting another mid-sized anchor or 2 that could convince the neighbourhood to pop in more often. However with the decrepit 50st strip malls and Kingsway not that far away, you have quite the uphill battle there.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Londonderry's not bad, but could be better. The main reason to go there is the huge Bay-sized Sport Chek they've got there.
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

^not bad? um ok then...

Comment

I'd kill for a Zara in that mall. That super huge Sport Chek also has the super worst service of any store I've ever been in.
                "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

The selection of stores is rather sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                    I'd kill for a Zara in that mall. That super huge Sport Chek also has the super worst service of any store I've ever been in.
                    never happen... Edmonton is WEM/Southgate/Kings... simple as that. Downtown would be next perhaps but what londonderry needs to do is reposition itself similar to Westmount but without the failed attempts. Go after non-traditional retailers or tenants... bring in residential... bring in a gym... etc. etc.

Comment

Londonderry has a World Health Club no?

Comment

I like Londonderry! Save-on-foods is great and is usually quite busy. They've got World Health Club, and two good banks. The Bay is OK, and it's nice to have Sport Chek there. I think they could use a Canadian Tire type store. But for fashion and shoes, they've got a decent selection with Le Chateau, Winners, Aldo, etc.

Comment

There's a Canadian Tire just down the street on Ft Road. They need some stores with more style, the Urban "enter word here" stores leave lots to be desired. Shoe selection is all cheap stuff, no Town Shoes or Brown (speaking from a guy perspective, Aldo and Spring suck for men's footwear). The Army and Navy draws too many Wal-Mart trailer trash wankers to the mall.

Comment

Originally posted by Chmilz View Post
                            There's a Canadian Tire just down the street on Ft Road. They need some stores with more style, the Urban "enter word here" stores leave lots to be desired. Shoe selection is all cheap stuff, no Town Shoes or Brown (speaking from a guy perspective, Aldo and Spring suck for men's footwear). The Army and Navy draws too many Wal-Mart trailer trash wankers to the mall.
                            The Army and Navy is great for outdoor wear. You know, for guys who work outside when it -30 etc: But I suppose someone as debonair as you Chmilz would not know about that. You'll need to buy descent shoes for your climate controlled office. We all know there are lots of wanking office workers out there need fashionable gear not practicale gear.
                            Anyway, I will be heading to Londonderry in the near future and if I think on I will post my views on the renovated Bay.
                            Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

I bought some winter boots from Army and Navy a few years ago and they are incredible! Fashionable? No. Warm? Definitely!

Comment

Working...
                              X