Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manulife Redevelooment

https://edmontonjournal.com/business...ooftop-terrace
    Last edited by The_Cat; 16-01-2020, 08:52 PM.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Knew about the roof top patio, it was talked about because the roof needs repairs. They are going to have to remove those great trees though.

Comment

what's a Redevelooment?

Comment

Dark, it means it's looming ahead of us!
        Last edited by TRtower; 16-01-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

It means they're renovating the bathrooms.

Comment

Sorry, I've tried to edit the title, but no success.
            "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

I keep wondering why long time forumers no longer participate in here then I read wonderful useless inputs by our notorious regulars.
              " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

I think they are all off fighting with each other in the Trump Misc form, which is interesting but has about relevance to Edmonton as Chairman Mao.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  I think they are all off fighting with each other in the Trump Misc form, which is interesting but has about relevance to Edmonton as Chairman Mao.
                  I think we need to rename this connect to trump because no one else is posting anywhere else but that bloody thread tis makes me sad

Comment

When I first heard of a $30 million project I was hoping it was another tower built on the podium of Manulife 2, but $30 million doesn't get that anymore.

Comment

It's nice to see them realizing that opening up to the sidewalks is necessary and desirable. However, the elephant across 102 Ave is an even bigger problem.

Comment

In that EJ article, one commenter stated that Cadillac Fairview was interested in purchasing this tower but hesitated as they felt it was oudated hence this upcoming Reno. Anyone with insights to this?

Comment

Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
                          In that EJ article, one commenter stated that Cadillac Fairview was interested in purchasing this tower but hesitated as they felt it was ou[t]dated hence this upcoming Reno. Anyone with insights to this?
                          i have absolutely no inside knowledge in this regard but cadillac fairview certainly has the expertise and the resources to renovate anything they choose to in their portfolio and anything they might choose to add to their portfolio.

my guess is any lack of interest they might have in acquiring manulife place in edmonton would have more to do with their existing exposure to the office market in alberta in calgary combined with the fact they have nothing in their portfolio and no office in edmonton.

https://www.cadillacfairview.com/en_...folio-map.html
                          Last edited by kcantor; 18-01-2020, 08:18 PM.
                          "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Agreed on the market condition, but, the way the commentor input his view, I was curious especially knowing CF has relatively deep pocket to rennovate as they please. It kind of got me curious from that perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
                              Agreed on the market condition, but, the way the commentor input his view, I was curious especially knowing CF has relatively deep pocket to rennovate as they please. It kind of got me curious from that perspective.
                              Not an insight, but some thoughts - some people don't want to go to the trouble of purchasing a fixer upper and doing the work, even though they can easily afford the cost. It's the hassle they don't want and there is also the risk it may not work out as well as expected.

Manulife is a good building, a good location, but it has reached the point where it can not just coast on that anymore. Nice, newer buildings have been built in Edmonton in recent years and the economy in Alberta is tough these days. A well thought out reno will probably work out well for them, but its not a sure thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X