• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• etownboarder
    replied
    Originally posted by danimori View Post
    Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
    There have been discussions of redeveloping the parking on the south, west and north ends of the mall with some towers and parkade to replace the lost surface parking. The new raised LRT station to replace the temporary station at NAIT would be connected to mall, towers, and NAIT etc by pedway.
    Do you know if these discussions were with just kingsway itself or if they are working with the city? I really like and think the idea of a raised, more integrated with the mall station would be best for accessibility and future TOD.
    It involved the city and their plan to raise the NAIT LRT over the intersection with a raised station between kingsway and NAIT and pedway access to both facilities.

Leave a comment:

• danimori
    replied
    There have been discussions of redeveloping the parking on the south, west and north ends of the mall with some towers and parkade to replace the lost surface parking. The new raised LRT station to replace the temporary station at NAIT would be connected to mall, towers, and NAIT etc by pedway.
    Do you know if these discussions were with just kingsway itself or if they are working with the city? I really like and think the idea of a raised, more integrated with the mall station would be best for accessibility and future TOD.

Leave a comment:

• etownboarder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ispec
    replied
    Whatever they do, without a parkade on the north side to give access to the 2nd level tenant from the outside, it’s a bit of an awkward space. I really don’t know who would want that space. And wasn’t there a massive basement in that Sears space too? I would really love to see the city commit to the new raised NAIT/Kingsway LRT station so Kingsway would move forward redeveloping what has been mentioned before for the north end of the property.
    What were the previous plans for that end of the mall?

Leave a comment:

• GenWhy?
    replied
    Originally posted by GenWhy? View Post
    Heard from Nicole Campre of Workhall and her other out-of-town related store names, that she's partnering up with other local business / designer folks to do something creative in the old Sears space.
    Seems like many missed this. I'm positive this is still the case for some of the space in Sears.

Leave a comment:

• etownboarder
    replied
    Whatever they do, without a parkade on the north side to give access to the 2nd level tenant from the outside, it’s a bit of an awkward space. I really don’t know who would want that space. And wasn’t there a massive basement in that Sears space too? I would really love to see the city commit to the new raised NAIT/Kingsway LRT station so Kingsway would move forward redeveloping what has been mentioned before for the north end of the property.

Leave a comment:

• KC
    replied
    Originally posted by ispec View Post
    Anyone know whats coming into the former sears space? Seems like a hug gap in that end of the mall? Any other rumoured tenants ? The former Target space has been filled in nicely by Home Sense and Marshalls, now they just have to fill in the Northside of the mall with an anchor or new concept.
    Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase “anchor tenant”.

Maybe they can attract something out of the downtown core.

Leave a comment:

• ispec
    replied
    Anyone know whats coming into the former sears space? Seems like a hug gap in that end of the mall? Any other rumoured tenants ? The former Target space has been filled in nicely by Home Sense and Marshalls, now they just have to fill in the Northside of the mall with an anchor or new concept.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Was at Kingsway Mall recently, and there's a vast difference between the first floor and second floor. On the main floor, the Target space is mostly filled (including H&M) and Sears has an opening to the north exit; the second floor has an empty Target space while Sears is sealed off completely.
    Sears is being renovated.

Leave a comment:

• Sonic Death Monkey
    replied
    Was at Kingsway Mall recently, and there's a vast difference between the first floor and second floor. On the main floor, the Target space is mostly filled (including H&M) and Sears has an opening to the north exit; the second floor has an empty Target space while Sears is sealed off completely.

Leave a comment:

• GenWhy?
    replied
    Heard from Nicole Campre of Workhall and her other out-of-town related store names, that she's partnering up with other local business / designer folks to do something creative in the old Sears space.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied
    Wow the Homesense there is huge! Tons of new stuff, that whole area is so much more open, the new washrooms are great..Ricki's and Bootlegger have renovated stores, and there are at least three stores waiting to open soon( yippee)..its great! best mall around..CC could take a leaf out of this mall and what they have done..
    I'm glad they made the starbucks bigger, the mall was getting really busy as we left..

Leave a comment:

• etownboarder
    replied
    Marshalls and Home Sense.

Leave a comment:

• H.L.
    replied
    I thought Marshall's and London drugs were moving into KM.

Leave a comment:

• Spudly
    replied
    A full-feature Wal-Mart has a produce and bakery section, and a larger meat section. Probably more SKUs too. Westmount has a small store. Meadowlark has a full-size.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X