No announcement yet.

Kingsway Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see NAIT moving into the mall as that would be a whole can of worms the mall would be opening up in regards to parking. There is probably still the strict no parking for students in the parking lot. Now if NAIT were in the mall they'd have to allow parking and at that point how could they stop a student if that student would claim that they have classes in the mall or not.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• ^They could put non student services into there - they already have their alumni people in the Kingsway Professional Building.

However it would feel like a step backwards since Oxford didn't renew a lot of the non-shopping tenant leases previously, didn't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
        I don't see NAIT moving into the mall as that would be a whole can of worms the mall would be opening up in regards to parking. There is probably still the strict no parking for students in the parking lot. Now if NAIT were in the mall they'd have to allow parking and at that point how could they stop a student if that student would claim that they have classes in the mall or not.
        Permit parking would be one way. I’d also argue that most kids don’t drive to school and utilize mass transit.
        There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Comment

• Job No 314687016-001
          Description: To construct exterior alterations to an existing Commercial Building (facade improvements). (Walmart)
          Plan 1620578 Blk 7 Lot 277
          Applicant: ABBARCH ARCHITECTURE INC.
          Create Date: 5/27/2019 10:37:35 AM

Comment

• Wonder if they are going to keep the Westmount one open since it's not very far away.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmart81 View Post
              Wonder if they are going to keep the Westmount one open since it's not very far away.
              By car, close, but not by foot or transit. Unless everyone flows to Kingsway because it will have a produce, bakery, and full meat department, I expect Westmount Walmart to remain open. I'm curious how a Kingway Walmart will affect the downtown Save-On, since this will be much more transit accessible then Kingsway Superstore and it will have the above mentioned departments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ustauk View Post
                Originally posted by jmart81 View Post
                Wonder if they are going to keep the Westmount one open since it's not very far away.
                By car, close, but not by foot or transit. Unless everyone flows to Kingsway because it will have a produce, bakery, and full meat department, I expect Westmount Walmart to remain open. I'm curious how a Kingway Walmart will affect the downtown Save-On, since this will be much more transit accessible then Kingsway Superstore and it will have the above mentioned departments.
                I was just thinking that.
                I will beat the dead horse back to life.

Comment

• I think Walmart will weaken the Bay sales, particularly in housewares, at the Kingsway and Downtown locations.

Comment

• ^ The Bay will still have the prestige housewares sales. I've tried to buy housewares at the Bay but I wasn't interested in their $300-500 blenders.

I welcome the introduction of the Walmart to a central location largely because I actually miss Zellers.

Comment

• A couple of "coming soons":

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Any idea when Walmart will commence construction in the Sears space? The interior hoarding is either blank or Instagrammable.
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                          Any idea when Walmart will commence construction in the Sears space? The interior hoarding is either blank or Instagrammable.
                          Crews are already in there performing work daily. Can see them set up on the north side of the mall.

Comment

• Any idea whats going in next to the Tim Hortons on the upper level? Looks like they've hoarded off 2 former spots.

Comment

• Wow I missed all the Walmart talk, haha. I had no idea. I don't mind it, since it's at least something else to do there. I used to walk to the Superstore to check out their toy section, but it's a bit of a jaunt and I'd prefer something that's IN the mall so I can just use transit right to there.

Comment

• I hear that Sleep Country is now open.

Comment

Working...
                                X