No announcement yet.

Kingsway Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical media is still important to many. I myself, if I like what I see or hear I like having a hard copy of it.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

• March 06, 2019
      279, 1 - KINGSWAY GARDEN MALL NW
      Plan 1620578 Blk 7 Lot 277

To construct interior alterations to a general retail, CRU 279 "Jump+" in (Kingsway Garden Mall).

Comment

• Originally posted by nickv View Post
        A Fitset Ninja Warrior opened temporarily (until March 31st) in the 2nd floor of Sears. I am also curious about what happens with the space in its entirety. The basement of it I do recall being massive and having surprisingly high ceilings. Seems like it would have been a great spot for a gym.

Looks like Fitset Ninja Warrior will be closed as of April 15. Meaning all 3 levels will be vacant again. Its been 15 months since Sears left and few months prior to that Ocford knew of its departure. Wondering what the future holds for the 3 storey space?

Comment

• Originally posted by ispec View Post
          Originally posted by nickv View Post
          A Fitset Ninja Warrior opened temporarily (until March 31st) in the 2nd floor of Sears. I am also curious about what happens with the space in its entirety. The basement of it I do recall being massive and having surprisingly high ceilings. Seems like it would have been a great spot for a gym.

Looks like Fitset Ninja Warrior will be closed as of April 15. Meaning all 3 levels will be vacant again. Its been 15 months since Sears left and few months prior to that Ocford knew of its departure. Wondering what the future holds for the 3 storey space?
          My sources say there should be an announcement in the next 30 days regarding this spot. If whats being reported is true it will be a great for the mall and the adjacent area.

Comment

• Originally posted by ispec View Post
            Originally posted by ispec View Post

My sources say there should be an announcement in the next 30 days regarding this spot. If whats being reported is true it will be a great for the mall and the adjacent area.
            It would be a slam dunk for the mall to lease the space cheap to NAIT.
            There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevey_G View Post

Confirmed the lower 2 levels will be a Walmart. Its already hoarded and north doors locked. The upper level is hoarded now too with Ninja cross fit gone. Wondering what goes in there? A Chapters or Dollarama would be ideal.

Comment

• Another reason not to go there and I live real close.
                “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• A lot of people will be happy to see Walmart, myself included.
                  Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevey_G View Post

NAIT just made a deal for land in Blatchford. Why would they lease when they can build?

Comment

• Cost control maybe.

Comment

• A Wal-Mart in KGM will do really well. I wonder though if it will draw people away from the one in Westmount.
                        I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spudly View Post
                          A Wal-Mart in KGM will do really well. I wonder though if it will draw people away from the one in Westmount.
                          It def will as that's not a super center.

Comment

• I personally would love to see a Costco there. All the Costco's are currently out in the burbs, be nice to have one close to downtown.

Comment

• Originally posted by barhonda View Post
                              I personally would love to see a Costco there. All the Costco's are currently out in the burbs, be nice to have one close to downtown.
                              Turn the old coliseum into a Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                                Originally posted by Stevey_G View Post

NAIT just made a deal for land in Blatchford. Why would they lease when they can build?
                                NAIT may have purchased the land, but there isn’t much on the drawing boards for developing that land. And when they do, it’s more than likely that the early developments will be centered around generating revenue for the school - things like student residences. Anything else is more than a decade into the future with no funding or designs in place yet.

Renting this space on a ten year lease is a sensible and economic practice. It get the school much needed classroom space and it get the mall steady foot traffic and a capacity to command higher rents.
                                There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X