Kingsway Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GenWhy? View Post
    Heard from Nicole Campre of Workhall and her other out-of-town related store names, that she's partnering up with other local business / designer folks to do something creative in the old Sears space.
    Seems like many missed this. I'm positive this is still the case for some of the space in Sears.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
      Whatever they do, without a parkade on the north side to give access to the 2nd level tenant from the outside, it’s a bit of an awkward space. I really don’t know who would want that space. And wasn’t there a massive basement in that Sears space too? I would really love to see the city commit to the new raised NAIT/Kingsway LRT station so Kingsway would move forward redeveloping what has been mentioned before for the north end of the property.
      What were the previous plans for that end of the mall?

Comment

• There have been discussions of redeveloping the parking on the south, west and north ends of the mall with some towers and parkade to replace the lost surface parking. The new raised LRT station to replace the temporary station at NAIT would be connected to mall, towers, and NAIT etc by pedway.

Comment

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
          There have been discussions of redeveloping the parking on the south, west and north ends of the mall with some towers and parkade to replace the lost surface parking. The new raised LRT station to replace the temporary station at NAIT would be connected to mall, towers, and NAIT etc by pedway.
          Do you know if these discussions were with just kingsway itself or if they are working with the city? I really like and think the idea of a raised, more integrated with the mall station would be best for accessibility and future TOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by danimori View Post
            Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
            There have been discussions of redeveloping the parking on the south, west and north ends of the mall with some towers and parkade to replace the lost surface parking. The new raised LRT station to replace the temporary station at NAIT would be connected to mall, towers, and NAIT etc by pedway.
            Do you know if these discussions were with just kingsway itself or if they are working with the city? I really like and think the idea of a raised, more integrated with the mall station would be best for accessibility and future TOD.
            It involved the city and their plan to raise the NAIT LRT over the intersection with a raised station between kingsway and NAIT and pedway access to both facilities.

Comment

• They had their chance when they were offered what is now Kingsway/RAH. If they move NAIT over to the mall, does Blatchford lose one of the two planned stations or would this become an extra station?

Comment

• Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                They had their chance when they were offered what is now Kingsway/RAH. If they move NAIT over to the mall, does Blatchford lose one of the two planned stations or would this become an extra station?
                This replaces the current temporary NAIT station and would straddle Princess Elizabeth Avenue, so essentially a couple hundred feet south of the current station location but above ground. Then the line drops to ground level once it crosses Princess Elizabeth Ave. The next station is between 121/122 Avenue on the west side of NAIT and the EPCOR, ETS properties.
                Last edited by etownboarder; 06-05-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• But that eliminates the walkability that's planned around the permanent station. Who wants to walk from 118 Ave (aprox) over to Kingsway Mall in the dead of winter? It's planned for there to be high density clustered around the stations in Blatchford. That's why the Kingsway station was originally meant to be at 111 ave.

Comment

• I think the vacant Sears location would be prime for a Costco....

Comment

• Mall management would love it, but Costco would balk at being part of an enclosed mall.

Comment

• There's one in a mall in Sarasota

https://www.google.ca/maps/@27.23370...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

• Costco generally prefers to own their pad and building.
                          I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• Generally doesn't mean always.

Comment

• I'm really glad that Starbucks has moved to the new SW location. Their old one under the escalators was a pain in the arse to get through.
                              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                                I'm really glad that Starbucks has moved to the new SW location. Their old one under the escalators was a pain in the arse to get through.
                                I agree, this one is much nicer.Homesense is fabulous!
                                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X