Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown's Shoes coming to Kingsway
    http://www.retail-insider.com/retail...9/browns-shoes
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Stopped by Kingsway Mall to replenish some wardrobe.
      • The Bay is undergoing a major renovation, with almost all of the eastern half of the 1st floor closed off. Here's hoping the quality of the location improves dramatically.
      • HMV in this mall is still open for another 8 days.
      • There are some large empty bays throughout the mall, although "coming soon" signage indicates they'll be filled up soon, Unlike the oversized empty bay hoarding at ECC, the ones in this mall do not impede foot traffic.
      • Not a lot of foot traffic inside the mall, then again its a weeknight.
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• There seems to be a re-purposing of the Target space going on as well .
        Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry N View Post
          There seems to be a re-purposing of the Target space going on as well .
          sonicboom posted the below in the Kingsway Renovation thread:
          Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
          233772664-001
          14-Nov-2016
          1 - KINGSWAY GARDEN MALL NW
          Plan 1620578 Blk 7 Lot 277

To construct interior alterations to a tenant space in an existing mercantile bldg. (Homesense fit up, Kingway Garden Mall)

To construct interior alterations to a tenant space in an existing mercantile building (Marshall's Fit-up, Kingsway Garden Mall)

LEDCOR CONSTRUCTION LIMITED, BAXTER

Comment

• Originally posted by hello lady View Post
            Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            I'll go out on a limb and say a Walmart could down O.K. in Kingsway Mall. There really is not another Walmart that close to there unless you count Abbotsfield but that's 59 blocks away.
            A full Walmart, the one in Westmount isn't worth the bother..
            "A full Walmart"? What's the difference? Aren't they all the same except for numbers of any items stocked? (ie 10 vs 5 of the same item on the shelf)

Comment

• A full-feature Wal-Mart has a produce and bakery section, and a larger meat section. Probably more SKUs too. Westmount has a small store. Meadowlark has a full-size.
              I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• I thought Marshall's and London drugs were moving into KM.
                Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Marshalls and Home Sense.

Comment

• Wow the Homesense there is huge! Tons of new stuff, that whole area is so much more open, the new washrooms are great..Ricki's and Bootlegger have renovated stores, and there are at least three stores waiting to open soon( yippee)..its great! best mall around..CC could take a leaf out of this mall and what they have done..
                    I'm glad they made the starbucks bigger, the mall was getting really busy as we left..
                    Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Heard from Nicole Campre of Workhall and her other out-of-town related store names, that she's partnering up with other local business / designer folks to do something creative in the old Sears space.
                      Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

• Was at Kingsway Mall recently, and there's a vast difference between the first floor and second floor. On the main floor, the Target space is mostly filled (including H&M) and Sears has an opening to the north exit; the second floor has an empty Target space while Sears is sealed off completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                          Was at Kingsway Mall recently, and there's a vast difference between the first floor and second floor. On the main floor, the Target space is mostly filled (including H&M) and Sears has an opening to the north exit; the second floor has an empty Target space while Sears is sealed off completely.
                          Sears is being renovated.
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Anyone know whats coming into the former sears space? Seems like a hug gap in that end of the mall? Any other rumoured tenants ? The former Target space has been filled in nicely by Home Sense and Marshalls, now they just have to fill in the Northside of the mall with an anchor or new concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by ispec View Post
                              Anyone know whats coming into the former sears space? Seems like a hug gap in that end of the mall? Any other rumoured tenants ? The former Target space has been filled in nicely by Home Sense and Marshalls, now they just have to fill in the Northside of the mall with an anchor or new concept.
                              Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase “anchor tenant”.

Maybe they can attract something out of the downtown core.

Comment

• Whatever they do, without a parkade on the north side to give access to the 2nd level tenant from the outside, it’s a bit of an awkward space. I really don’t know who would want that space. And wasn’t there a massive basement in that Sears space too? I would really love to see the city commit to the new raised NAIT/Kingsway LRT station so Kingsway would move forward redeveloping what has been mentioned before for the north end of the property.

Comment

Working...
                                X