X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
    Originally posted by Replacement View Post
    My 93 year old grandmother has cannabis stock. My neighbour does, my former boss does, my parents do, my brother does, my friends do... I guarantee you that hundreds of thousands of Canadians have money in cannabis stock.
    They shouldn't unless they like high risk, highly speculative trading. Marijuana stocks equal bitcoin stocks to that extent. Its a lot of tulipmania. Marijuana stocks in Canada is the very definition of production in that only current suppliers are producing anything and that the market of course requires legalization to be at all viable.

I think most people that got into marijuana stocks are not the most seasoned investors unless they got in very early on ground level plays. Anybody buying a pot stock now would probably just be a bad idea at currently maxed prices. Albeit the markets are plummeting. Some of the latest culprits of that being bitcoin and pot stock garbage.
    Actually granny has bought and sold online along with the recent ups and downs in the market and is probably up to $150,000 since buying her first cannabis stocks last fall.

In regards to others, as long as we are paying attention and buying and selling at the right time, I’m not remotely worried. I’ve made significant coin so far since buying my first pot stocks last fall. As more world markets open up for medical and recreational marijuana use, Canada’s growers are ready to take full advantage.
    Canadian weed could be become as internationally known as cigars and rum are to Cuba.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyGuy View Post
      Originally posted by Replacement View Post
      My 93 year old grandmother has cannabis stock. My neighbour does, my former boss does, my parents do, my brother does, my friends do... I guarantee you that hundreds of thousands of Canadians have money in cannabis stock.
      They shouldn't unless they like high risk, highly speculative trading. Marijuana stocks equal bitcoin stocks to that extent. Its a lot of tulipmania. Marijuana stocks in Canada is the very definition of production in that only current suppliers are producing anything and that the market of course requires legalization to be at all viable.

I think most people that got into marijuana stocks are not the most seasoned investors unless they got in very early on ground level plays. Anybody buying a pot stock now would probably just be a bad idea at currently maxed prices. Albeit the markets are plummeting. Some of the latest culprits of that being bitcoin and pot stock garbage.
      Bitcoin is to the Edmonton Oilers as cannabis stocks are to the Winnipeg Jets.
      I don't pay attention to hockey. What does this mean, in terms of the team's respective standings at the present time?

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about hockey, even less about Bitcoin.

What concerned me today though, while sat at a red light on Ellerslie Rd. and Parsons Rd., was the stoner in the SUV alongside me chuffing away on a joint. He had the window down the obligatory couple of inches in the vain hope, I suppose, of not stinking up his vehicle.

He was, however, stinking up my vehicle even though my windows were firmly closed - the stench coming in via my heater vents. Next time wear a diving helmet, you douche.
        Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
          Canadian weed could be become as internationally known as cigars and rum are to Cuba.
          It already is. Canada already supplies much of the global marketplace.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/medi...port-1.4470407
          Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by howie View Post
            I don't know a whole lot about hockey, even less about Bitcoin.

What concerned me today though, while sat at a red light on Ellerslie Rd. and Parsons Rd., was the stoner in the SUV alongside me chuffing away on a joint. He had the window down the obligatory couple of inches in the vain hope, I suppose, of not stinking up his vehicle.

He was, however, stinking up my vehicle even though my windows were firmly closed - the stench coming in via my heater vents. Next time wear a diving helmet, you douche.
            He was probably listening to 'I don't like Mondays' on his radio as well.
            Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

^ Or 'Rainy Days and Sundays'.

... oops, should have been 'Mondays'.
              Last edited by howie; 12-02-2018, 11:14 AM.
              Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Let's all get Stoned - Joe Cocker

Comment

I’m quite ok with legalization.

However, no one is going to smoke it in my house. The smell is only marginally acceptable to me and a lot of it ranks up there as stench to me.

Also, I won’t buy a heavily smoked in house, whether it’s tobacco or marijuana.

I figure a lot of people will smoke it outside, but expect neighbours to complain.

That said, the edibles may capture a fair bit of market share.
                  Last edited by KC; 12-02-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I know a lot of people who smoke on their walk with the dog or on the walk home from the LRT after work. Others who only consume in their detached garage. Not a whole lot is going to change with legalization. It’s not going to suddenly triple or anything. Consumption is expected to grow by about 20% in total. It is also expected to go from a 90% illegally purchased market to a 85% legally purchased market within only a few years (despite higher costs for the product). Currently the 94% illegal market is worth about $6.5 annually. The equivalent in the 85% legal market is worth about $9.5B without the additional 20% growth projected by 2021 added. That doesn’t include opening of markets worldwide to what will be a well seasoned, well marketed, and high quality products grown right here in our own back yard. Canada is ready for medical and recreational cannabis legalization worldwide and the money to be made is HUGE.

Comment

I think a lot of middle aged people will try pot for a wide range of ailments. Sore backs, insomnia, tension, pains, relaxation, glaucoma, MS, etc. Middle age people who maybe tried stuff from the health store that didn't quite help them. Middle aged people who would not go to a dealer but would go to a reputable place of business to buy it.
                      A lot of that age group think there is a stigma around drug dealers (well there is) so would not use them. Legalizing it, to them, gives it some respectability. It will take a while for word to get out but I'm sure there are a whole whack of people who will try it for their ailments and if it works will keep buying.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                        I’m quite ok with legalization.

However, no one is going to smoke it in my house. The smell is only marginally acceptable to me and a lot of it ranks up there as stench to me.

Also, I won’t buy a heavily smoked in house, whether it’s tobacco or marijuana.

I figure a lot of people will smoke it outside, but expect neighbours to complain.

That said, the edibles may capture a fair bit of market share.

I see a lot of this happening...https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mystery...-opp-1.3801521

Or this...http://wnep.com/2018/01/19/fifth-gra...ies-at-school/
                        Animals are my passion.

Comment

Senate set to vote on legal marijuana bill by June 7 after deal reached with Tories

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/02/15/sena...eached-tories/

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                            Senate set to vote on legal marijuana bill by June 7 after deal reached with Tories

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/02/15/sena...eached-tories/
                            Interesting. The Globe is reporting the same story with a glass-half-empty spin...

HEADLINE: "Federal government still not ready to launch marijuana legalization"

But they're still basically saying that legal weed will be here by August or September. By the astronomical reckoning, the government has until Sept. 21st to keep their promise of legalization by summer.

The Globe also tries to portray this as a dial-back from the July 1st promise, even though Trudeau has already said that he never promised July 1st.
                            Last edited by overoceans; 16-02-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Framework has been released:

https://www.alberta.ca/cannabis-framework.aspx#p6241s4
                              Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                                From the framework:

"There will also be no consumption of cannabis at any cannabis retail outlets."

So this means that there will be no "cannabis bars", akin to booze bars, where you can buy and consume in the same place? It seems to me that having more people smoking in a desinginated, regulated area would mean less people smoking in places where they shouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X