No announcement yet.

All encompassing recreational cannabis discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another factor that gets missed is that people are going to be allowed to grow a limited number of plants in their own facility (homes). If that's the case maybe not as much will get sold as they think. Could be a little hobby like wine making and beer making right on your own doorstep.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Another factor that gets missed is that people are going to be allowed to grow a limited number of plants in their own facility (homes). If that's the case maybe not as much will get sold as they think. Could be a little hobby like wine making and beer making right on your own doorstep.
      For the same reasons you cite I always expect that this part of the legislation won't come to pass. I was always suspect of the intent to allow people to grow some plants on their own. I expect this or any other govt will find anyway to repeal that. I think it should be allowed, (in secure locked shed or greenhouse) I don't think it will be ultimately.

I'm not a smoker at all but I have arthritis and I would at least experiment with a couple plants and who knows, some brownies... I dunno. I'd see if it reduces pain at all. I would look into variants that offer more of that quality, vs a stone. You can get that now. Some plants that have more analgesic (for lack of better term) than psychoactive effect.
      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

^Oh I am going to be optimistic and think the government will let people grow a limited amount of plants in their garden. In fact, some people probably have a head start on that. If you are interested in trying marijuana for your arthritis it might pay you in the future to buy some from a licenced outlet. They will tell you what blends have the least hallucinogenic effects. They do that for children (and adults) you suffer certain conditions. Grow a crop that is more for pain than tripping.

Comment

From the weed thread in Minicipal politics.

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
          Many Canadians would be very plssed off if it was scrapped, and many of them don't smoke weed. They own shares in Marijuana companies on the stock market. I don't think it would be wise for the PC's, and senators to tamper with the legislation, we have already passed the point of no return.
          Well, I know that compared to, say, ten years ago, marijuana stocks are doing a lot better now. But, what does that translate into, in terms of how many voters would actually own stock in the companies?

Comment

My 93 year old grandmother has cannabis stock. My neighbour does, my former boss does, my parents do, my brother does, my friends do... I guarantee you that hundreds of thousands of Canadians have money in cannabis stock.

Comment

Wow, rock on grandma.

Comment

Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                My 93 year old grandmother has cannabis stock. My neighbour does, my former boss does, my parents do, my brother does, my friends do... I guarantee you that hundreds of thousands of Canadians have money in cannabis stock.
                They shouldn't unless they like high risk, highly speculative trading. Marijuana stocks equal bitcoin stocks to that extent. Its a lot of tulipmania. Marijuana stocks in Canada is the very definition of production in that only current suppliers are producing anything and that the market of course requires legalization to be at all viable.

I think most people that got into marijuana stocks are not the most seasoned investors unless they got in very early on ground level plays. Anybody buying a pot stock now would probably just be a bad idea at currently maxed prices. Albeit the markets are plummeting. Some of the latest culprits of that being bitcoin and pot stock garbage.
                "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

^To early to tell on those stocks. It's like anything on the stock market. Can go up, can go down due to many factors. It's holding onto stocks that usually get the best returns. Hold onto those marijuana stocks and I'm sure people will profit. It's a question of how long they will wait.
                  Last edited by Gemini; 09-02-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

^I'm always wary of stocks that are bought and sold on the basis of speculative assessment ONLY, and where actual production isn't occurring. That is the definition of a speculative stock.

Plus we know that Liberal govts have failed to legalize Pot since Trudeaus dad.

I dunno, I'll believe it when it comes to pass. I don't hold a lot of stock in what liberals do, excuse pun.

Comment

It is not very often that an entire new industry is born and traded on the stock market. The Marijuana stocks were all penny stocks when they were introduced on the stock market. The level of risk is extremely low if you bought stocks when they were cheap, the ones dealing with risk are the ones that recently purchased stocks after hearing about the incredible gains those stocks have made.
                      Last edited by ThomasH; 09-02-2018, 05:14 PM.
                      Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                        ^I'm always wary of stocks that are bought and sold on the basis of speculative assessment ONLY, and where actual production isn't occurring. That is the definition of a speculative stock.

Plus we know that Liberal govts have failed to legalize Pot since Trudeaus dad.

I dunno, I'll believe it when it comes to pass. I don't hold a lot of stock in what liberals do, excuse pun.
                        I can understand your distrust in a Liberal government but if this bill is not passed they will be on their knees. I think it is the younger generation driving this bill. I'm not sure how many seniors out there really care one way or another about it but when they pass on it will be the generations behind them left to vote. If the bill falls through it will be these future generations who will remember that Liberals talk the talk but don't walk the walk. There is more than we think riding on this.

Comment

A Girl Scout sold 300 boxes of cookies in 6 hours — by setting up near a legal marijuana shop

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...a-legalization
                          I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
                            It is not very often that an entire new industry is born and traded on the stock market. The Marijuana stocks were all penny stocks when they were introduced on the stock market. The level of risk is extremely low if you bought stocks when they were cheap, the ones dealing with risk are the ones that recently purchased stocks after hearing about the incredible gains those stocks have made.
                            Yep.

That's why I said that if you bought in at ground level penny stock that was a reasonable risk/reward play. Nobody getting in at these prices has the same valuation prospects.

Comment

They shouldn't unless they like high risk, highly speculative trading. Marijuana stocks equal bitcoin stocks to that extent. Its a lot of tulipmania. Marijuana stocks in Canada is the very definition of production in that only current suppliers are producing anything and that the market of course requires legalization to be at all viable.

I think most people that got into marijuana stocks are not the most seasoned investors unless they got in very early on ground level plays. Anybody buying a pot stock now would probably just be a bad idea at currently maxed prices. Albeit the markets are plummeting. Some of the latest culprits of that being bitcoin and pot stock garbage.
                              Actually granny has bought and sold online along with the recent ups and downs in the market and is probably up to $150,000 since buying her first cannabis stocks last fall.

In regards to others, as long as we are paying attention and buying and selling at the right time, I’m not remotely worried. I’ve made significant coin so far since buying my first pot stocks last fall. As more world markets open up for medical and recreational marijuana use, Canada’s growers are ready to take full advantage.
                              Last edited by etownboarder; 09-02-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Bitcoin is to the Edmonton Oilers as cannabis stocks are to the Winnipeg Jets.

Comment

Working...
                                X