Edmonton to get a Jollibee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton to get a Jollibee?

"It really has become an icon of hope, an icon of joy in the Philippines. When things don't look too well, it's Jollibee where they go to, to celebrate or feel better," he said, comparing its cultural impact to that of Tim Horton's, a coffee and doughnut chain that has become iconically Canadian.

Like Tim Horton's, not everyone agrees the food is worth waiting queuing for.

"Is it good? Depends on who you ask," Cantiveros says. "But for those waiting six hours to be one of the first people, I mean, there's a certain nostalgia and craving."

Jollibee has further "aggressive" North American expansion plans between now and the end of 2018, including another Winnipeg location, two in the Toronto area, and an Edmonton spot.

There are also two US locations planned, one in Jacksonville, FL, and one in Manhattan.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38333694

Hope so, one just opened in Winnipeg. Very cool

There certainly is a large Filipino population in Edmonton to support one.
    Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Hmm, lovely!
      Animals are my passion.

Comment

Looks like greasy fast food with family restaurant options, neither of which is really my thing (except fried potatoes), so I doubt I'll eat there much, but glad for the variety.
        Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

March 05, 2019
          918, 3803 - CALGARY TRAIL NW
          Plan 0021129 Blk 32 Lot 5

To construct interior alterations and exterior alterations for restaurant- new tenant fit up in shell bldg. (Jollibee - South Park Centre).

Comment

people are still lining up at one in Toronto and its been opened for months. I imagine this one will be insane.

Comment

Opening Aug 16.

Comment

August 07, 2019
                17136 - 90 AVENUE NW
                Plan 8220508 Blk 30 Lot 9

To construct a new free standing restaurant - Jollibee (SHELL ONLY) 1 Gas Meter, 2 Roof Top Units, NO Make Up Air units, No demising walls, Vestibule at main entrance.

Comment

Camping out at Jollibee: Man living outside fast food joint 72 hours before opening

Sean Amato, CTV News Edmonton

Published Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:06PM MDT
                  Last Updated Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:57PM MDT

A 26-year-old man is camping out in front of the new Jollibee fast food restaurant in south Edmonton for 72 hours before it opens.
                  And even stranger, Jordan Haworth has no idea what he’s waiting for. The event organizer has never even tasted Jollibee before.
                  “I’ve never once, no,” Haworth said while sitting on a lawn chair near the drive-thru.

Haworth arrived at 9 a.m. Tuesday and insists he will stay until Edmonton’s first ever Jollibee opens Friday morning.
                  “It’s crazy … I just can’t believe he’s going to be here until Friday,” said Simoun Ileto, who saw Haworth’s story online and briefly considered joining him.
                  Ileto, of Filipino descent, has had Jollibee before and said "everything on the menu is awesome."
                  Edmonton’s Jollibee will be the fifth in Canada. The fast food chain operates 1,300 stores in the Philippines and plans to open 100 in Canada.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/camping-...ning-1.4548876

Comment

October 25, 2019
                    17540 - 100 AVENUE NW
                    Plan 0123468 Blk 12 Lot 12

To construct interior alterations (carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Refrigeration, & structural) to a tenant build-out of an existing vacant retail space - Sea Food City (previously Home Outfitters)

Going forward, the Seafood City locations in Canada would also include Jollibee restaurants.
                    https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...-across-canada

Comment

January 28, 2020

To construct interior fit up to an existing assembly building, 3 new MUA - "Jollibee"
                      17136 - 90 AVENUE NW

Comment

Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
                        January 28, 2020

To construct interior fit up to an existing assembly building, 3 new MUA - "Jollibee"
                        17136 - 90 AVENUE NW
                        so wait is this where they tore down the old ALGC building / outback next to the gas station??

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post

so wait is this where they tore down the old ALGC building / outback next to the gas station??
                          Yup...
                          If at first you don't succeed,sky diving may not be the sport for you.

Comment

Originally posted by 99Miata View Post

Yup...
                            I believe there already is a Jolibee open on the south side, so I am thinking this would then be a second one.

I suppose it makes sense, as quite a hike from the west end or north side to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

I believe there already is a Jolibee open on the south side, so I am thinking this would then be a second one.

I suppose it makes sense, as quite a hike from the west end or north side to go there.
                              You are correct there is a Jollibee on the south side between Calgary Trail and Gateway BLvd . If indeed this Westend location is a new Jollibee it appears to be set up with what appears to be underground parking, because they are spending a lot of time digging a pit and shoring up the surrounding ground. Time will tell.
                              If at first you don't succeed,sky diving may not be the sport for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X