Clareview Town Centre 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clareview Town Centre 2015

Hi all, there seems to be a lot of construction activity lately at the Clareview Town Centre. Vacant lots for decades are suddenly being developed. The Empire theater seems to be gated off and beside the old Future shop where there has been a vacant lot for decades is being developed and right in front of Superstore where a vacant lot that's been around as long as I've been here has a pile driver on it and gated off. Our caretaker doesn't know anything and since I work nights its hard for me to go snooping around to ask questions. I Googled around and came up empty handed. So I thought if you want to know anything about what's going around in the city, just ask Connect 2 Edmonton. Does anyone know anythig about the construction this spring at the Clareview Town Center? Anybody? Thanks.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Here are a few permits in that area:

Job No 155126331-002: To construct a General Retail Store building (4 CRU's).
    4950 - 137 AVENUE NW Plan 9320300 Blk 26 Lot 4
    BROWN & ASSOCIATES
    CLAREVIEW TOWN CENTRE

Job No 169443404-001: To change the Use from Spectator Entertainment Establishments to Indoor Participant Recreation Services and to construct interior alterations (ARTIS CLAREVIEW TOWN CENTRE)
    4211 - 139 AVENUE NW Plan 9422939 Blk 26 Lot 8
    BRIAN ALLSOPP ARCHITECT LTD.
    CLAREVIEW TOWN CENTRE

Job No 156076522-001: To construct a General Retail Stores Use building (Mark's Work Warehouse).
    4250 - 137 AVENUE NW Plan 9422939 Blk 26 Lot 7
    HODGSON SCHILF ARCHITECTS, PENNY
    CLAREVIEW TOWN CENTRE

There is a Mark's across the street, very strange.

http://betamaps.edmonton.ca/map.aspx...s\By%20Address

Comment

^ From the looks of the cinema job posting, they're doing some major renovation. I'll have to look into Brown & associates for the the other but the Marks warehouse site your right seems strange that another type business would set up shop so close. Do you know what's being built on the empty lot in front of the Superstore?

Comment

BROWN & ASSOCIATES those guys.

Comment

From what I get from the above, it sounds like Marks work warehouse (adjacent to Visions and Michael's) crafts are building a stand alone store on the corner of 137th and 45th. Still don't know whats being built beside Future shop or even where the 3rd lot is.
          Thanks anyway Hilman

Comment

Job No 170802513-001
            Description: To change the Use from General Retail Stores to Restaurants (41.66sqm Public Space) and to construct interior alterations.
            Plan 0022276 Blk 3 Lot 1
            Applicant: HUSSEIN, ALI
            Create Date: 4/14/2015 8:50:37 AM

Comment

^ Thanks, that's lot #1 confirmed

Comment

156076522-008
                08-Apr-2015
                4250 - 137 AVENUE NW
                Plan 9422939 Blk 26 Lot 7

To construct a FOOTING AND FOUNDATION ONLY for a General Retail Store Use building (Mark's Work Warehouse).

MHPM PROJECT MANAGERS INC, JACQUELINE

Comment

Thanks. So is lot #7 beside the old (hard to believe I'm actually saying that) Future shop?

Comment

^That Futureshop is now a Best Buy?

http://looplink.canatl.avisonyoung.c...nue-50-Street/

Comment

Yeah, along with the Downtown location. Only two local conversions.
                      Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Eventually it'll be a BB. I went by it last night and they still have FS all over the place. I don't know whats going up beside the old FS site. Its all gated off. Lots of activity here.

Comment

When you Google the address for Mark's, it gives you Future Shop. I assume that means Mark's is moving beside FS in a new building.
                          Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

^ Interesting but that property beside FS is smaller then the current Marks. Unless Marks is moving into FS (I thought BB was moving into FS by the end of April) instead of BB.

Comment

Anyone got a update on what's going in where?

Comment

Working...
                              X