Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H Mart (was Whole Foods Coming to Edmonton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nosepass2 View Post
    ^ Is there a timeframe to the opening?
    To properly answer that question - one would have to be confirmed with an official announcment that is opening. So to answer your question with the facts that we know would be - NO - there is NO timeframe to opening due to the fact that there is no announcment. Crystal clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by maclac View Post
      Originally posted by nosepass2 View Post
      ^ Is there a timeframe to the opening?
      To properly answer that question - one would have to be confirmed with an official announcment that is opening. So to answer your question with the facts that we know would be - NO - there is NO timeframe to opening due to the fact that there is no announcment. Crystal clear?
      Yes, please pardon my ignorance.

Comment

• its on retail insider now

Edmonton Whole Foods Space Goes to H-Mart: Whole Foods was originally supposed to move into a 42,000 square foot retail space the former Canadian Tire building at 3803 Calgary Trail in Edmonton last year, but the store never opened for a variety of reasons. Now, Chris Buyze, via Twitter, says that US-based Korean-themed grocery chain H-Mart will open its first Alberta store in that location.

H-Mart has been opening stores across Canada, after opening its first Canadian store in suburban Vancouver in 2003. Another interesting target has been the downtown Toronto market. H-Mart opened a small store at 695 Yonge Street, a block south of Bloor Street, several months ago, and it will also eventually open a store in the former American Apparel space at 338 Yonge Street. Downtown Toronto’s population is exploding, and grocery retailers are moving in to serve new residents.

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...ctober-24-2017

www.hmart.ca/

a look inside:

Comment

• Aha. That will make my wife very happy. She's Asian. There's lots of parking at that spot too. We are always having fun parking at the T&T lots and Lucky 97. I generally drop her at the door and Sonny Boy and I then go round and round the parking lots until there's a space. West Ed T&T is the worst. Great news for this suburban family! Seeing is believing though. I will be watching for equipment and crews to move onto the site. I've heard the place still needs a floor poured so there's quite a lot of work to be done inside. A nice place to work inside during the winter. The building looks awesome on the outside, very classy. Kind of BClike with all those timbers and such.
          Last edited by Drumbones; 24-10-2017, 05:09 AM.
          Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• i am sure it will be popular, there is one within a 5 minute walk from me here in coquitlam and the place is always busy, they have a food court type offerings inside as well. I prefer it over T&T. Vancouver has about 6 of them now with 1 or 2 more coming soon.

Comment

• With the amount of Asians moving in they could just keep building stores

Comment

• Any update on H-Mart?

Comment

• October 15, 2018
                  570, 3803 - CALGARY TRAIL NW
                  Plan 0021129 Blk 32 Lot 5

To construct interior alterations to an existing General Retail Stores Use building (Southpark Centre - H Market)

Comment

• Drove by today and there is blue fencing put up around it, as if something may happen. I used the TD drive through next door. Was telling the wife about it, she’s Vietnamese. At least there is a decent size parking lot, T&Ts get pretty tight, same with Lucky 97.

Comment

• I think that T&T lot is the worst in the city. Even when they have the parking people there during busy times, people have insane difficulty parking and driving properly. I cringe every time my wife says she wants to go to Homesense next door.

This H Market is taking a long, long time to get going.
                      They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

• Yup

Comment

• Looks like H-Mart will open in Garneau.

https://twitter.com/jkparker/status/...722041345?s=21

Comment

• Do you think there will be two or will they cancel the Calgary trail one.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
                              Looks like H-Mart will open in Garneau.

https://twitter.com/jkparker/status/...722041345?s=21
                              That's great news for me depending on what their selection is. The old Sobeys was my go-to store because it had the handiest bus stop to get to the train station and hence home for me. I really miss it as I haven't found another store as accessible. (Most large groceries require a slippy walk across a parking lot.)

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicboom View Post
                                October 15, 2018
                                570, 3803 - CALGARY TRAIL NW
                                Plan 0021129 Blk 32 Lot 5

To construct interior alterations to an existing General Retail Stores Use building (Southpark Centre - H Market)
                                Looking like there will be two of them

Comment

Working...
                                X