Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post
    Originally posted by envaneo View Post
    And Scott Hills plant is up and running. What are we going to do with all that oil if we can't get it out of the Province?

Not a damn thing!
    Most likely. At the table Thursday, we we're just talking about this. Colleagues of mine worked at this plant. And this plant wants to increase production?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
      Where’s the specific Transmountain layoff news?

8,000 job losses are being reported in the media as a done deal.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...-crisis-gender

Rex Murphy: Relax. Trudeau is busily solving our most urgent energy crisis: Gender
      Rex Murphy
      September 7, 2018
      That 8,000 number is fake news.

Here's what TransMountain themselves had to say about job losses:

According to Trans Mountain officials, more than 2,000 people now work on the project. By the middle of next year, that number was expected to grow to 5,000.

No one has been laid off because of the ruling. But job losses are expected in the weeks ahead.

“Right now we are working on how to ramp down the different construction sites that were already underway,” said Trans Mountain spokesman Ali Hounsell.

“In terms of how many people are going to be out of work as a direct result is not clear at this point.”
      Source: https://calgaryherald.com/business/l...-left-in-limbo

The 8,000 figure seems to come from what one nameless "pipeliner" told Brian Zinchuk for the pipelinenews.ca blog--hardly a reliable source. This invented-on-the-spot figure was then propagated by numerous blogs, troll factories, and even Conservative MP Shannon Stubbs. Of course Ms. Stubbs herself could do nothing to counter the point that the number was just pulled out of thin air:

Ms. Stubbs claimed the project’s halt is costing 8,000 direct jobs, but she gave no indication where the number came from.
      Source: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...rans-mountain/

Now Rex Murphy has gotten hold of that figure and slipped it past the editors at the National Post without any fact checking. He should be ashamed of himself.

Comment

• Our nephew was laid off. He might go back to BC
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Wait for it, Trudeau will get TMP back on track during the election campaing. The election is just about a year away He better not sleep on this because it could also bite him in the, ahem..end. He's got Nafta and other issues to be concerned with.

Comment

• Originally posted by envaneo View Post
            And Scott Hills plant is up and running. What are we going to do with all that oil if we can't get it out of the Province?
            That is why the government bought the pipe line. The pipeline will be a go; why do we think the certain interest group fought the " we weren't consulted angle." That is as much of a nibble on a bone as they will get imo. The government has the " National interest" Trump card.
            " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• One more area continuing to experience massive change:
              Shaw Communications massive buyout has been ’emotional’: Brad Shaw | Calgary Herald

The buyout program was, in hindsight, the right move and will allow the company to focus on automation of services and other digital innovations, Shaw told reporters Thursday at the company’s annual general meeting in Calgary. However, it has not been easy, he said.

“It doesn’t go to the impact of 3,000 people leaving the company — the relationships, the long-term employees,” said Shaw, who briefly teared up during his address to shareholders while thanking employees and management for their work. “Being a family company with the culture we have . . . you know, it’s all for the better, but certainly when you have that it’s a little bit emotional.”

The company — which expects to save $220 million annually by 2020 as a result of the restructuring — has incurred $447 million in severance and employee-related costs since the buyouts were announced in March 2018.”

https://calgaryherald.com/business/l...onal-brad-shaw

Comment

• "Shaw tech support.." dial tone

Comment

• Originally posted by envaneo View Post
                  Wait for it, Trudeau will get TMP back on track during the election campaing. The election is just about a year away He better not sleep on this because it could also bite him in the, ahem..end. He's got Nafta and other issues to be concerned with.
                  I hope he's faster, than phoning President Xi,lord he's a wimp!
                  Animals are my passion.

Comment

• ^^ Pro-Tip: You're supposed to dial their number once you hear the dial tone. They won't answer otherwise.
                    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• Exactly. The dial tone is a symbol that Shaw lost tech support capability in the lay offs. Not suggesting that's what actually happened. Although Shaw could (or does?) off shore some of its services. I woldn't know I'm on Telus.

Comment

• If you're on Telus then you are hardly a reliable source about Shaw support then. I had two calls to Shaw this week for a new modem cut-over: the first to verify the modem setup before I took out my old one, and the second to activate the modem after I swtiched it in. I talked to real people both times, each call about 5 minutes. No dial-tone nonsense in either case, nor the other times I've called for support in the decade or so since they took over from Videotron.
                        I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

• I've been on Shaw before

Comment

• Looks like Northlands lawsuit is still proceeding
                            https://globalnews.ca/news/5367707/n...ation-lawsuit/

Comment

Working...
                            X